Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,927   Online: 1174

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Need a studio for a day in Ventura

I have a shoot coming up where I would need to rent a studio for a day. Google is getting me nowhere and LA is too far / too expensive. Anyone know of anything good in Ventura or Ojai areas? Even Santa Barbara but that is getting back to the money issue. I would be shooting a single person with 4-5Kinos or HMIs. Not a huge production. Thanks for any help!

rphenning at gmail dot com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey Randall, thanks for the help - I was the one who asked for Van Robinson's contact info regarding the cameras he had for sale on RFF (which I bought and am happy with). Anyway,

I live in Ventura, and while I dont know of any studios, you can try contacting image source which is the local lab I use to develop film. As for Santa Barbara, check out Samy's Camera, which is a large camera store and if there is a studio available for use I'm sure they could help you find it.
    Last edited by stewmander; 06-28-2010 at 10:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alamo Studios in Santa Barbara: http://www.alamofilms.com/studio/. Mostly a moving picture studio and RED camera rental service, but perfectly suitable for still photography. Kevin (a retired S.B. firefighter) is often in Sweden, but he likely has someone managing the place when he is away. Make sure to eat at Super Cuca's when you are there, if you like Mexican food. It is a taqueria and carniceria, located on Micheltorena. I went in not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised for an L.A. roach coach crawler.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-28-2010 at 10:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin