Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,396   Online: 1130

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Walt Disney building would be a good exercise for graphics and composition ,as the sun travels across the sky it must change the look of the building . Thanks Steve,might give it a try this week end,and check out the bridges too.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eaton Canyon and the JPL trail are both likely to be very beautiful at this time, due to the rain. If anyone wants to go for a climb and a swim Friday (my one day off), let me know. (See this thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum61/7...-tomorrow.html.) As the thread says, there is some dangerous climbing involved. Also, since I wrote that, I have been past the fall pictured, as far up the canyon as you can go. There are about 10 waterfalls above this one. All can be climbed over from the bottom except for the last, which is in a gully. It was an eleven hour hike round trip, without much time for stopping. There were five of us (two males and three females) and it was our first time, so it may be quicker doing it again, especially with fewer people. Going all the way up to the point of no advance would be better as a two-day adventure (or one and a half), but the swimming hole is an easy one day outing.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-05-2010 at 08:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    The Walt Disney building would be a good exercise for graphics and composition ,as the sun travels across the sky it must change the look of the building . Thanks Steve,might give it a try this week end,and check out the bridges too.

Mike
    Go inside the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Sometimes they will let you go into the main hall.

Watts Tower http://www.wattstowers.us/
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys got a lot of neat places,I'm not much of a hiker but can get a ways from my car with a medium format camera,and a little wagon I have for the larger stuff.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    mike c,

Per did not let you bring your Radio-Flyer to Santa Fe.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was no room,and if I did he would have toed me and the wagon behind his car so he could get more stuff with him.Thats what happens when you ride in 3rd class coach.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    You guys got a lot of neat places,I'm not much of a hiker but can get a ways from my car with a medium format camera,and a little wagon I have for the larger stuff.

Mike
    One tends to think of places like the ones I suggested when one has lived in one place for four decades.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its been six decades for me,how blind I am!! How ever since I drive a truck I get views that are not easily seen by cars or people just walking down a street.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great suggestions! I might check out a couple of those places this Saturday morning after I leave Freestyle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And out to Jan in New Mexico, I was born in Abq. and I go home at least once a year. This coming January I am planning a road trip home and maybe shoot in the red rocks near Gallup.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin