Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,349   Online: 779

Thread: Lost RZ 67 Kit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lost RZ 67 Kit

Hello, California APUGers.

Please keep your eyes peeled for an RZ 67 kit that I lost yesterday. I either sat it on top of my car or next to it and drove off in Pasadena.

It is an RZ67 Pro (first model, without the half shutter speeds). A WLF, a Pro II 120 back loaded with Tri-X 320, and a 110 mm f/2.8 lens, hood, and cap were all attached to the body.

Also in the bag (black Amvona with a busted shoulder strap on one side that I tied into a knot) was a 220 Pro back and a 120 insert in an original case and box (though the box is labeled as a 220 insert).

Finally, I had an AE prism in its zippered pouch and a 210 mm f/4.5 APO lens, some cable releases, and a body cap and rear lens cap locked together. There was also a roll of sealed Fuji NPH 220 film in the bag, and a loaded Polaroid back that was ready to shoot shot number seven.

If you see a kit for sale that sounds strikingly similar to this, please inform me as soon as you can.

Thanks in advance!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kit has been found!

I left it on a table in the screen printing lab at school Wednesday night. Luckily for me, the lab was closed from Thursday through today because of the department's attendance at the screen printers' convention in Vegas. It was sitting right where I had left it, and had not even been touched. Lucky me.......

Delete this thread at will....
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good for you, great outcome.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad you recovered your gear 2/F 22F it only takes one careless moment, and we are all under so much pressure these days from our busy lives it's very easy to loose or mislay things, anyway "All's well that ends well ".
    Ben

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice said, Ben.

Or, we are just getting old...

Shooter
    35mm
    Had a scare like this once. When the gear was found it was a tremendous relief. Have a beer or two in celebration.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. I got very lucky, and would like to think that lots of people saw it, but did not take it, though I am not sure how true this is.

My schedule is very busy indeed, Ben. I am always running to and fro', and I have one day a week with no commitments, which I must use to study and take care of business. That is a big part of why I left it there. I rushed out of class early to attend a birthday party because I had forgot it was a critique night, so my services were not needed at school. I bring the RZ to school every Monday and Wednesday for students to use in the studio for the advanced color class for which I T.A. The school has one RB pro S and several Pentax 67IIs, but sometimes both students who are using the studio want the RB. To avoid a fistfight, I let one of them use my RZ.

Sometimes we just get lucky!
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PHEW!!!--he exclaimed loudly as he changed his drawers
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You had better luck than I did with my Gitzo 1325 and Arca Swiss head. Pulled my van up to a boat landing, opened the side door, pulled out tripod and camera, took pictures, removed camera from the tripod and placed it in the van, left. Went back about an hour later, it was gone. An ad in the paper didn't help.

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Nice said, Ben.

Or, we are just getting old...
    Nope, I'm better now than I was when I was younger.

About 1978 I put my 28/3.5 EBC Fujinon in its case on top of my car, forgot it and drove off. I think the case would have protected it from the fall. I got home 20 minutes later and realized what I had done. I went back and looked and looked but couldn't find it.
    I was angry at myself, of course, and vowed to never put photo equipment on my car roof again. Which I haven't. I've never forgotten how I felt when I paid to replace something I'd bought about six months before.

But it took several destroyed coffee mugs to finally learn some years back to never put anything on my car's roof.
    The one that cured me was the one that slid forward off the roof and landed on the hood, when I braked at the bottom of my hill. It continued forward until it went off the front and shattered on the pavement. My neighbor saw the whole thing, and had a good laugh watching me as I picked up the pieces of my shattered pride, I mean coffee mug, and attempted to wipe coffee with too much cream in it off my windshield.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin