Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,142   Online: 769

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Another OC person here

I'm located in Placentia, north central Orange County. Sort of in between Brea, Yorba Linda and Anaheim. Which means absolutely nothing if you're from Wisconsin.

Given that we have this many analog and probably large format shooters in the area, who is for talking with me off-line but over the phone about organizing our own "art association" of film and medium/large format photographers?

I've tried to talk with the local art associations and most of them, when I can actually find them, barely acknowledge film photography as an art.

That's OK. To each his own. However, there is probably a lot that we as film users could do to preserve, promote and enhance the film and larger format art.

I would be able to publish newletters, keep lists, scout out meeting and shooting venues and collaborate with anyone else who could contribute perhaps 2-4 hours per week.

Any takers?

Wayne Olson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hey!

Im in the SF Valley too... but currently avoiding going outside to shoot because its soooo freakin' hot!

Also, for all you valley people that dont have darkrooms, I found a darkroom rental place called Darkroom Gallery Alley (darkroomgalleryalley.com). I dont have a lot of darkroom experience but it seems like they have some nice stuff, and nice people too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

L.A. darkrooms

Quote Originally Posted by devbowman
    Im in the SF Valley too... but currently avoiding going outside to shoot because its soooo freakin' hot!

Also, for all you valley people that dont have darkrooms, I found a darkroom rental place called Darkroom Gallery Alley (darkroomgalleryalley.com). I dont have a lot of darkroom experience but it seems like they have some nice stuff, and nice people too.
    119 deg. in woodland hills on sunday!
    94 deg. in my darkroom
    There's also a public darkroom in downtown L.A. which is managed by Ray Alvarado. Several enlargers to choos from up to 8x10 coldlight. It's not the best but it's cheap: $5/hour for non students plus a annual membership fee of around $30. Many students process and print there. Let me know if you are interested can't find contact info.

vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Riverside, CA
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Riverside

Quote Originally Posted by hortense View Post
    Riverside, CA
    I AM a 4x5 photographer. I only use my Hasselblad when I have to set up my tripod away from where my car is parked.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    ALso in San Diego
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert L View Post
    Yeah Shmoo. Nelson's for sure. Great people and a large, diverse selection. I usually grab a good lunch while I'm in Little Italy. Another friendly shop with a small gallery is North County Camera in Escondido -- a bit if a drive for me though.

I'm actually in Santee (east county). Hometown is Huntington Beach.
    Did you notice that Nelsons no longer has FILM CAMERAS?
    Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Did you notice that Nelsons no longer has FILM CAMERAS?
    Jim
    yup...sadly. I guess it's what keeps me looking on EEEEEK-Bay.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Is there a way to break this thread down a little bit?
    For instance - LA general area and San Diego Area? Of course if this is done there should probably also be one for our friends in the Inland Empire.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    We have a traditional B&W group meeting regularly in Van Nuys, Ca. If you live reasonably close and would be interested in joining kindly contact me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin