Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,029   Online: 731

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Just Moved from NYC to L.A.

After half a life in NYC, I've relocated to L.A. - living in a beautiful downtown loft (which I sadly have to leave on April 1st), and moving to Canyon Country - probably Valencia or Stevenson's Ranch.

Anyone from around there?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

L.A. loft

Quote Originally Posted by hkr View Post
    After half a life in NYC, I've relocated to L.A. - living in a beautiful downtown loft (which I sadly have to leave on April 1st), and moving to Canyon Country - probably Valencia or Stevenson's Ranch.

Anyone from around there?

No, but I'm curious about your loft (I live in Echo Park). How big is it, and what's the going rent? I've wanted to do the loft thing for a long time now & would not mind moving to downtown at all if it's reasonble, financially.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    No, but I'm curious about your loft (I live in Echo Park). How big is it, and what's the going rent? I've wanted to do the loft thing for a long time now & would not mind moving to downtown at all if it's reasonble, financially.
    The apartment itself is quite nice - very large, and the ceilings here are 14 ft. I wasn't here to witness the transformation, of course, but downtown L.A. seems to have made quite a rebound, based on what people tell me. I've only been here for about four weeks now. There are condos and loft apartments going up everywhere - too bad, because the market seems oversaturated. Also, they should stop building apartments and start building things like grocery stores.

A couple of the loft buildings I saw had great apartments, but the buildings themselves still have the "factory" feel to them - hard to describe, but you'd know what I mean when you walk throught the halls. Very big spaces - very warehouse like.

BUT very expensive. 2 BR loft apartments will run approx. $2,400. Some as high as $2,800.

I am only here until the late Spring, and off to Canyon Country I go - likely Valencia or Stevenson's Ranch. Cheaper, nicer, and more picaresque.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hkr View Post
    I am only here until the late Spring, and off to Canyon Country I go - likely Valencia or Stevenson's Ranch. Cheaper, nicer, and more picaresque.
    Check out the Kodak auditorium in Hollywood and this summer supposedly Angles Flight will reopen.

Watts Towers.

This Spring checkout the poppy reserve in the Lancaster area. Also Death Valley in the Spring.

There is a long list of things you can burn film on.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in midtown Los Angeles, within line-of-sight of Hollyweird.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ridgecrest... yes it's southern California... just north
    Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ridgecrest is like a whole nuther country - jets buzzing around all the time - and then you have to go through slumdale and landscatter to get there - which is where I am from and if we get more rain, I may have to do some color to catch up with all the poppys
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live just minutes from San Diego in the small community of Jamul. Minutes away but far removed from the city. My nearest neighbor is 3 acres away and the view from here is breath taking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Backyard.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Palm Springs CA
    Ian L. Sitren
    SecondFocus

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm in North Orange County, CA...shoot 35mm film & fullframe digital.
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin