Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,183   Online: 655

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

For those in the San Francisco Bay Area

Just wanted to throw a quick thing on APUG for fellow Bay Area shooters. I started a little film/paper/chemistry shop inside of a record store on Haight Street here in San Francisco. I still do not have a website going (I know, ultimate sin in this day and age) but you can keep up with my shenanigans on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glass-...19199231470385

As soon as I have a website, I will be an APUG advertiser.

I am trying to stock all kinds of film/paper/chemistry...so far the list is pretty extensive. I am also trying to stock the oddball sizes to some degree, so far I have 110, 127, 620 & 828 for the less common sizes. Here is a link to a simple price list:

http://www.glasskeyphoto.com/gkp_pricelist_4_2011.pdf

Another little key thing...I am open both Saturday & Sunday--I hated not having a place to buy supplies on Sunday! Now you don't have that problem. Of course, I don't ever get to SHOOT on Sunday anymore. HA HA. Anyway, just a little heads up for anyone interested. Please feel free to stop in and say hi. I should also mention that I carry an odd assortment of soda--all in glass bottles. Root Beer is my specialty but I also have some tasty Birch Beer, Ginger Beer, Sarsaparilla...all kinds of stuff. Hopefully this post will not be frowned upon as too self serving.

Thanks for reading,

Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, will you be doing any mail order? Best of luck with your store.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool. I need some birch beer and some 127 for my baby grey rolleiflex.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just liked you over on FB and remembered my Kodak Jiffy six-20 needs some.....620. I'll be by soon.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Open on Sundays, you've got my business. Good luck, R

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been to Matt's store-within-a-store a few times. It's become the first place I go for B&W 120 film, and the only place I've needed for the last few months. I recently lent a TLR to a high school student and sent him to Matt's store to get some film for his first time shooting film, and the student had a great time. The student actually knew the store and had seen Matt and his fridges-of-film before since he was checking out some vinyl from the 'mother ship' store, Rooky Ricardo's (who recently had the city install street bicycle parking in front, so ride on over).

Old record bins, turntables and headphones for listening, RODINAL in stock on the shelf, and film at good prices. Analog isn't just some 'retro-styling' thing there. Well, maybe this reads like an ad. I have no relation to the business or Matt other than being a satisfied customer and appreciating when people find niches and do it well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the comments everyone!

Jon: Yes, I do mail order. I've already done a bunch, it's just a little tricky for the buyer at this point due to the lack of a fully functioning website! Feel free to call/e-mail/etc. with you needs/wants and I will do my best to get you what you need.

Rich: If you like Birch Beer, I've got some great ones. As for 127 & 620, I've got that covered, too...

rorye: I see you are an 8x10 shooter. If there is stuff you want, let me know. I haven't stocked any yet but I will get whatever you want.

Dan: Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I think I saw you this morning--I was trying to find a good parking spot. Thanks for sending in the HS student. He really seemed to love that TLR you set him up with. I love that enthusiasm that comes with the first medium format camera. Nothing quite like it!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations on your store. I used to live in SF near Haight and Octavia. Bought a Galvin once at a store named "Eye Food" on Haight Street a long time ago when I attended the Academy of Art. I still have the Galvin. Moved to Florida, a photographic waste land. I would love to visit your store one day and provide you with some patronage. Hope to see you provide mail order at some point. Also hope to get out there for the Americas Cup and will be sure to come by your shop. Takes guts and courage to open a small retail store in this country anymore, been there done that with studios and labs. I applaud you and hope everything goes extremely well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks John. Hope you make it in. It's a fun/goofy little store. As for mail order, I can do it. Just e-mail me or PM me or something like that. Out of curiosity, what is a Galvin? I feel like I should know what it is, but nothing is coming to me. Did we end up getting the America's Cup? I haven't had time to pay attention to the news...
    --------------------

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, the SF Yacht Club represented by Oracle won the last America's Cup in their gorgeous catamaran. It was simply a beautiful site to see the way that vessel sailed. Like a mammoth bird, as graceful as can be. I was stunned watching that boat perform. I am more favorable of monohulls in the Cup competitions but it was spectacular to watch Oracle sail to a whopping victory over the Swiss syndicate. Be prepared, get your cameras and gear ready as the Cup is coming to San Francisco Bay. Stay informed by visiting cupinfo.com

A Galvin is a 6x9 pocket view camera that was designed and manufactured by Jim Galvin in Sacramento. It has a Graflok compatible back that will accept a plethora of various film formats and associated backs. The camera came in two versions, a normal bellows with single part rail or a long bellows version with a split two part rail. I still have mine that I purchased from Eye Food whom was located on haight Street back in the late '70's. If you do some online searching you will turn up plenty of info regarding the Galvin camera. I have the original sales brochure as well which one of these days I will try and get posted on a site somewhere for the general public to have access to. Maybe I will put together a site dedicated to teh camera with lot's of detailed pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin