Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,801   Online: 1059

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Interesting stuff to shoot in Pismo

I'll be at Pismo Beach next weekend. Gonna take the Mamiya RB67 and maybe something else.

I'm obviously not from there and would like to know of anything super interesting in the area to shoot. I really enjoy urban still lifes, street portraits and candids, etc. I don't care as much for the 'pretty' neighborhoods as they don't show me the real human element of a city, so I'd prefer less glamorous stuff if possible, otherwise I'll just walk up and down beaches and boardwalks with a heavy camera pointing it at uncomfortable tourists. Abandoned buildings and stuff are a plus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Been a long time since I was there but the beach used to be a quite a mix of "street" scenes on big weekends, from clam digging to drag racing and hill climbs in the dunes.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Happened to pass thru there a few weeks ago, and there is an "older" downtown area which focuses on the tourist trade, but might be the type of scene you're looking for. Didn't have time to see much, so not sure what the beach scene looks like.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin