Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,160   Online: 780

Shooter
    35mm RF

Fixer Recycling in LA

Hi folks, I was wondering if you could please point me to a place where I can recycle my exhausted fixer and any other hazardous chemicals(toners?) in the Los Angeles area?

Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you want to actually have the silver pulled out and be paid for it? Or do you just want to safely and legally dispose of it for free?

I don't know of a local place to do the former; I have not looked into it.

If the latter, go to a S.A.F.E. Center. I go to the one by the Zoo. http://www.lacitysan.org/solid_resou...ters/index.htm

I also take in my toners, pyro developers, electronic waste (including BATTERIES), oil filters, empty paint and solvent cans, used rags, etc.

All that stuff on the right that they say they accept is stuff that really should not be sent to landfills. It should be processed properly in order to be disposed of.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I go to the same place...all developers, fixers, dichromate wash water, batteries. Check 2Fs link for days and hours...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting 2f/2f.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Awesome. Thank you guys. I will give it a shot. I just want to safely dispose them. I don't really care about the silver part.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is great information. Thanks. I was not aware of permanent collection sites. Many parts of the city have hazardous material "roundups" twice a year. Check wtih your city councilpersons office for dates and locations. Also, there are commercial firms that collect e-waste. Some even will accept residential waste. Some charge and others don't. Despite all of these options there are still lots of people who leave their old electronics on the curb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    UCLA has a electrical and chemical hazardous waste collection open on Saturdays from 9AM to 2PM.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin