Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,296   Online: 1129

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    And the original post said it was only 109 F. Imagine if it had been hot!
    :-)

The Lower Sonoran is hard to believe in its climatic extremes, and yeah, it really is dangerous and shouldn't be taken lightly. Having enough water will get you through most things safely, but it's hard to appreciate just how much "enough" means on a day like that.

As it happens, I was just going through scans from this trip when you guys zombified this thread. What the heck---here are a couple more quick-and-dirty neg scans (from the Rolleiflex, on Efke 25 at 50, developed in HC-110). Obviously they're unspotted---in the case of the dunescape, I kind of like the effect.

-NT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan-130221-0012scaled.jpg   Scan-130221-0002scaled.jpg  
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I wandered around Dry Falls (central Washington) with my 8x10 in some fairly hot weather...over 105F, but don't know exactly how much over. Started early in the morning and did the only uphill part early in the day.

When the weather is that hot, one does not have to worry too much about the rattlesnakes -- or other people. But I finished up by 1 or 2 pm as not to over-due it. I headed into town for lunch in a cool (temperature-wise) cafe, did some exploration by car up towards Grand Coulee Dam, and returned near sunset.

The first image is of some branches of a dead tree with the falls behind (dry, of course). The second was up on Umatilla Rock, the highest point, elevation-wise, of my day.

Branches, Dry Falls, WA
    scanned 4x10 carbon print

Umatilla Rock, Dry Falls, WA
    scanned 8x10 silver gelatin contact print, I think -- may have been a negative scan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DryFallsBranches.jpg   Umatill Rock.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 03-14-2013 at 12:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin