Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,120   Online: 898

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by barryBelAir View Post
    Hey there...barry from Bel Air Camera here. Not sure who Sirius Glass spoke to but we have Hundreds of used Film Cameras and lenses from Toyo, Hasselblad, Mamiya, Pentax, Nikon, Contax, Canon, Olympus, Minolta, Leica, Zeiss Icon, and more, 35mm, Medium and Large format. All are refurbished with warranties and are at or below prices found at KEH. Of course we have plenty of NEW stock as well. We are clearing out some Contax 645 and some Leica R stock at pretty good prices. Feel free to e-mail me or give me a call at 310-208-5150 and tell me what you are looking for.

Barry
    Now that's good to hear!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Keeble & Shuchat in Palo Alto. --- Very Highly recommended for everything photographic!
    I haven't been there in several years. I remember them having a lot of stuff, but also for some reason being rather rude, or at least disinterested in answering questions about used equipment. I was interested in buying some stuff, but if they didn't much want to sell it, well...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I haven't been there in several years. I remember them having a lot of stuff, but also for some reason being rather rude, or at least disinterested in answering questions about used equipment. I was interested in buying some stuff, but if they didn't much want to sell it, well...

Yeah, I know what you mean. It actually goes both ways, I've had sales people who would not take no for an answer and I've had 'em that just didn't seem that interested in selling anything but Leicas.

Luckily, I've been there enough times, I know who to avoid and try to go directly to the good guys. There are some there who've been there a long time and they're usually better to deal with. That said, the last time I was there, it seemed as though they had gotten rid of the bad apples.

Not making excuses for any of them but I think they all get really tired of unkind customers...Dealing with the public is very difficult work at best. Dealing with the public in a very affluent neighborhood is even more so. I think they have their defenses up.

I always make a point to be extra polite. I try to show than that I'm a serious buyer and I not gonna be an asshole. If I get an irritating sales person I go find another. Just say, "Ok, thanks for your time", walk away and find another sales person. Even if they're in a different part of the store...

Don't know what to say about they guy upstairs in the Darkroom area...but I do buy almost all of my darkroom supplies there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thx for your answers so far

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Excellent reference for Northern California!

Who stocks >color< 4x5 sheet print film?

And who stocks Kodak chemistry? Most of the websites don't like full inventory.

Thanks in advance, visiting next week!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Green Apple books in san fran, had the best selection of new and used photo books in one place that I had ever seen.
    Quite a challenge to decide what I could fit into my homeard bound weight allowance.

I found a few goodies at adolph gassers, and a nice converasation with a staff that understand why some still shoot film.

Dropped into Glass Key to buy some e-6 and say hi to Matt.

Stocked up in LA at at Freestyle and enjoyed their nice gallery of staff work at the same time.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin