Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,412   Online: 928

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey, I'll bring my favorite local Cabernet.

Images
    Monterey / Salinas looks pretty dead center to me.
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If we do a central one, we should look at motel or other facilities in the area, so those who drink don't have to drive all the way home later.

Who all would come, and how afr is everyone from the Monterey area? I bet we could get Kim Weston to show us around Wildcat Hill.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Party? I love parties! I think a party and print swap sounds like a GREAT IDEA. I'm in the Central Valley so of course, I think "Central" would be great.
    Looking for and finding the beauty all around us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo
    Of course "central" in California means a lot of things. You could end up near the San Andreas Fault in the Central Valley at which point no tripod will keep your camera steady!

Brilliant idea, Shmoo. Parkfield would be the perfect place!
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tonopah Nevada of course. Bring warm clothes.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    gee, i'd love to party with the cali apuger's but christmas and retail means hard to get time off. please let me know if it's going to be a saturday late evening shindig maybe i can still make it if the drive isn't too long. just in case i can't come, somebody take pictures for me
    tomtom
    VIVA LA FILM!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    . . . how far is everyone from the Monterey area?
    Monterey is a great place for shooting if we wanted to make the gathering into a photo trek. But, it's probably not as convenient to get to as some other "central" venues, and its more expensive than many places, as well.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get a sense of preferences between:

1. a photo day trip with a party in the evening, or

2. just a party in the evening.

If its a photo day trip, then the questions of where, what time for gathering, and all that sort of thing come into play.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This was arrangeable back in Oct. But now many have plans and a full slate of events. What about a post holidays gathering when there is no pressures? I-5 is the main artery through the state. There is a very picturesque wild life refuge in the central valley. What about meeting near that. We could find a nice motel with a large room to meet in, and those who do not wish to drive both ways in one day, can stay. We would also have the WR as a venue to go shoot in. It is the same place Roman Loranc shoots a lot of his in.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aggie - I agree that a post-holiday CA get-together is probably more realistic at this point.

Which wildlife refuge are you thinking about?

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin