Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,454   Online: 1155

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    I get all my C41 and E6 processed at filmsoup.co.nz

Excellent quality and she can do up to 4x5 I believe.

I highly recommend Film Soup.
    thanks i will check them out, ive been sending my e6 to wellington photographics at present

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzoomed View Post
    thanks i will check them out, ive been sending my e6 to wellington photographics at present
    Another vote for Reatha at Film Soup. Excellent service and quality, I think she started her service in part to address these kinds of concerns, so the more people that support her the better!

Shooter
    35mm
    What's this Kens place that just shut down?

Does Wellington Photographics now do E6? They used to send them of to Image Lab I was told but I got scratches from them before. I now export to Dwayannes Photo Lab and it's still lesser when you want the slides mounted too. I have noticed that the E6 processing have come back down to $20NZ? I am sure in the past it used to be more like $32NZ. And film is expensive to buy here I import them from Freestyle. At $40NZ a roll it's expensive. I have looked at Film Soup but it's expensive. I think Dwaynnes charge $9US for development mounted plus $2US on average to include P+P (both ways) when one sends them the max of 10 rolls at a time.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys, you really need to get the Tetenal or Fuji 5L kits and just do it yourself. The amount of money you save will afford you a heck of a lot more rolls of E6. NZ labs are ripping you off badly.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rayonline_nz View Post
    I have noticed that the E6 processing have come back down to $20NZ? I am sure in the past it used to be more like $32NZ. I think Dwaynes charge $9US for development mounted plus $2US on average to include P+P (both ways) when one sends them the max of 10 rolls at a time.
    A reputable lab in Germany charges for E-6 processing 14NZ$ / 9NZ$ (type135/type120)

Shooter
    35mm
    camera club since 2006 not one slide projector session ever, even c41 is rare here at the club. but that 20 figure now or 32 before didn't include mounting cardboard mounts might be 25c per frame, yeah it's free included in USA. so maybe 12 bucks for mounting. I checked out film soup prices they cost a bit more than 20 that the main labs charge maybe 25. I don't have the skill for color processing starting b/w in a week or two. .. and I really only shoot 10 rolls of e6 per year not colorful in Wellington prob better for b/w. and for b/w funny Ilford rapid fixer Wellington photographice was 5 less than photo warehouse and it was 1 litre pw was 500ml. shrugs shoulders and I got a 10% camera club discount but yeah in USA still half price will bring more back when next overseas and the film and inkjet ink and paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    Funny that, I would get them off Freestyle when I get my film - you can get 25x 35mm flim sleeves sheets (ringbinders) for $5.50US I think. I bought a single sheet in the weekend for $1.50NZ or $1.25US isn't that ... I went to Japan have 2x b/w that I would do soon but I have shot 2x of Velvia that is being stored in the freezer until I get my 10x rolls up and I will ship it to the USA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg   Untitled2.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rayonline_nz View Post
    What's this Kens place that just shut down?

Does Wellington Photographics now do E6? They used to send them of to Image Lab I was told but I got scratches from them before. I now export to Dwayannes Photo Lab and it's still lesser when you want the slides mounted too. I have noticed that the E6 processing have come back down to $20NZ? I am sure in the past it used to be more like $32NZ. And film is expensive to buy here I import them from Freestyle. At $40NZ a roll it's expensive. I have looked at Film Soup but it's expensive. I think Dwaynnes charge $9US for development mounted plus $2US on average to include P+P (both ways) when one sends them the max of 10 rolls at a time.
    Kens cameras in Christchurch were processing E6 up to early this year, they lost alot of business after the earthquakes, and they sold their machine to Wellington Photographics, and they will be starting E6 processing soon, in the meantime they have been sending the films to another lab.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Another vote for Reatha at Film Soup. Excellent service and quality, I think she started her service in part to address these kinds of concerns, so the more people that support her the better!
    Been in contact with her and in the meantime she needs more people in order to still continue E6 processing.
    So lets all give her the support she needs to continue with E6, if enough people can send her their films, then she can restart processing, even if its only a fortnightly or monthly run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin