Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,461   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

asking for parts info

yes i know its a scanner question, however all i require is info on the correct Ac adapter to use for Canon 8800f.
    output voltage, output current,power rating, i have a large box of adapters and i need to correctly match the adapter to the scanner.
    anyone able to provide info, thanking you in advance
    regards

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Craig, I've just dived under my desk to check.
    My AC adapter is model no. K30286
    Input 100-240V 0.45A
    Output 32V 0.7A

I couldn't see any indication of the polarity of the connector into the scanner.

Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    tokam, thanx for that info. I had forgotten all about this thread. After much research it seems that the power adapter is hard to come by.My Solution -buy another scanner
    i`m going to keep the 8800 and see if I can find a fix, either that our destroy it trying

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is nothing that looks like this on the adapter or near where it goes into the scanner?
    https://dlnmh9ip6v2uc.cloudfront.net...fc7d000000.png
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm RF
    no Truzi. I took the scanner to a technician, he just rolled his eyes and said'canon'..?
    There is an HP adapter with matching output and a 3 pin plug, though the plug has square fitting and the canon round.However I have found some connectors from inside an older computer that match the canon fitting.So perhaps there is a fix eventually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You certainly can splice any connector you need once you find the polarity.

Perhaps tokam can take a VOM to his adapter to find the polarity, though the specs he posted do seem a bit hard to come by.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    EE here. 32V is 32V. Any power supply with an output of 32V DC and a current rating of over 0.7A will work fine. Do what you need to to get the connector to fit. If it's one of the simple coaxial ones, you can get them at Digikey.com. No need to buy a new scanner unless you want to upgrade.

eBay has several 32V supplies available at under $10: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/32v-power-supply

OK, with a little more Googling, I have found that the Canon K30286 seems to be a dual output supply: 24V @ 0.5A and 32V @ 0.7A.
    The used/refurb places seem to be capitalizing on these supplies being hard to find, and offering them for sale with "price upon request".

Not necessary at all. The solution is to buy both a 24V and a 32V supply. Each should be available on eBay at under $10 used. You want a "1A output, regulated switching supply". Connect the negative leads of both supplies together, now you have GND, +24 and +32. If you can get the owner (tokam?) of a working scanner to apply a meter to his power connector, you'll know which lead connects to which pin and you're off to the races.
    Last edited by Peter Simpson; 10-01-2013 at 11:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thank you peter.Yes i have seen the supplies you mention on ebay. I will try your solution, even though i am not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to power i can work out how your solution is supposed to work. There is another thread concerning this problem on flickr, some guys have listed the polarity, though there is some confusion over the correct numbers so i may message tokam.I have actually brought another scanner[8400] which is working fine, would still like to get a 'win' on the 8800f.If it all works out i will post your fix to flickr as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    The trick with figuring out the connector is to be methodical. Take the negative lead of the meter and place it in the first contact. Next, use the red lead to measure the voltage on the other two contacts in turn. You will get two readings -- if they are 24 and 32, you are done, and the contact with the black lead is GND. If the voltages are something else, move the black lead to the next contact and repeat the above procedure. You'll only have to do it a maximum of 3 times :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    I just pulled the plug from scanner to check polarity and its not going to be that simple. Canon, (Bless 'em!!!), have use a very proprietory looking three pin flat connector.
    See attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0020s.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	74956

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0021s.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	74957

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin