Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,817   Posts: 1,581,641   Online: 771

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by claytume
    Robert

you know more about the South Island than I do!

Clayton
    I doubt that; I was there just about a month ago, so the memory is pretty fresh. However, I do have a pretty good memory for places, and Central Otago is one of my favorite places in NZ.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Hi Kathy,

Fleur's Place is in Moeraki village, about 20km north of Palmerston on the coast (It would be over 250 km from the Queenstown/Arrowtown area, but worth the trip). The village is a few km off the main highway so you need to watch for the signs - the turnoff is about 2 or 3 km from Moeraki Boulders, so if you pass the Boulders you have missed the village.

Moeraki Boulders is a great place to visit, great landscapes. When you turn off the main highway, the road branches to the left; this is to a private restaurant/tourist center, with beach access (they ask for $2) and is only a short walk from there to the boulders themselves. If you continue straight instead of turning, you come to a Department of Conservation park/picnic ground. From there the walk is about .5 km to the boulders.
    Thanks Robert!
    I love the boulders and did visit them on my previous trip, and took quite a few pictures....which are hopefully going to be used soon by a well known company But I would love to go again, as the light was a little harsh, and I am sure I could do better. Fleurs place though, and the village, we completely missed, so it is great to have that info, so thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Harcom
    I love the boulders and did visit them on my previous trip, and took quite a few pictures....which are hopefully going to be used soon by a well known company
    Wonderful!!! I shot a few 4x5 transparencies there last month, but haven't processed them yet. I'll have to get busy ....
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was just thinking, if you can swing it, be at the Moeraki village late in the afternoon. One of the people at Fluer's Place told me the boats come back every afternoon to unload - that is where the restaurant also get their fish.

Here is a quick snap I took from the second floor dining area of the restaurant of the boat harbour - shot through a glass window, just a snap.
    Last edited by roteague; 11-26-2006 at 02:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I was just thinking, if you can swing it, be at the Moeraki village late in the afternoon. One of the people at Fluer's Place told me the boats come back every afternoon to unload - that is where the restaurant also get their fish.

Here is a quick snap I took from the second floor dining area of the restaurant of the boat harbour - shot through a glass window, just a snap.

Thanks Robert, sounds like a good plan.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin