Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,706   Online: 799

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Nice stuff.... Where did you shoot these from? It looks like a great view of the city.
    The one with water and boats in the foreground is from Mt Victoria in Devonport, the city buildings are 4 km from that position. The other shot is from Mt Eden which is close to the city and is always full of tourists and their digi cams. The 2 shots took 4 hours to complete, the weather way constantly changing with rain coming and going.

For the first time (for me) I had the 5x12 setup at Devonport and someone came along and asked me if it was a Hasselblad........I felt quite privileged to be asked that question as I was beginning to think it was a myth!

The 2 photos I shot the previous year with different equipment and the results were quite disappointing. That led to the purchase of the 5x12 which I'm now happy to say worked out just fine.

Clayton

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by claytume
    For the first time (for me) I had the 5x12 setup at Devonport and someone came along and asked me if it was a Hasselblad........I felt quite privileged to be asked that question as I was beginning to think it was a myth!

The 2 photos I shot the previous year with different equipment and the results were quite disappointing. That led to the purchase of the 5x12 which I'm now happy to say worked out just fine.

Clayton
    Too funny!

Did you tell them that it was a Hasselblad?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Clayton. I'm going to file those locations aside in my memory banks for my next visit to Auckland.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Thanks Clayton. I'm going to file those locations aside in my memory banks for my next visit to Auckland.
    I used to live in the old fire station just around the corner of Mt Victoria (more like a hill in size) - Mt Eden has potentially seen the most amount of digital cameras as any part of New Zealand - nice to see some big film get its way up there again

Each mountain can be seen in the other shot ... heh - I guess Iamb somewhere in there too (;

Make sure you PM us if you ever get round here ... (that goes to any APUG user)

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Robert

Nick makes a good point, once you get on top of one of the hills you can see the others.........there's 40+ extinct volcanos in the Auckland area and they all have great views. Most of them have easy access to the top which is why you find busloads of tourists and digicams up there. Mt Eden is close to the city, has views in every direction and the volcano cone interior is quite spectacular.

Clayton

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    Too funny!

Did you tell them that it was a Hasselblad?
    No I'm not that mean........I explained it was quite a bit bigger than a blad and much the same as the original cameras from a century and a half ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin