Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,244   Online: 1017

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, he used the red filter to effect. But it certainly works for me in the likes of 'Monolith'. Surely it takes some confidence in one's vision to apply a filter like that to snow and granite, when you a half way up a mountain with 100lbs of gear in winter. (Not like you could nip back the following day because it didn't quite work, or the exposure was a little off).
    I believe he also used a wratten yellow a great deal; in 'Aspens' for example.

Seeing an exhibition of twenty or twenty five images would probably have enough. But seeing the fifty images he regarded as his best together in one place, gave an appreciation of the depth his achievements. They had to kick us out after closing time on the Sat!

Happy New Year to you too David!

Regards, John.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So, is anyone going to post images from the trip? Or, do I have be the only one posting images from New Zealand?
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Guys

Clayton, it's not that hot up here, high 'teens, early 20's, but with high humidity, so it can feel a bt cold at times. Summer will be different......

Have seen some large format stuff here, lots of leica's in the camera shops and a truck load of digital... Seen a resonabile number of people out with medium format stuff, Rollei 6000 series stuff and Mamiya 6 - 7 seem popular.

Got the large format gear coming over on the boat, seen some suff that might make a good exhibition, but, as one of the curators I was speaking to here the other day said, "Hong Kong is a very photographed city".

Chhers
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    How long are you there for David?
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am here long term, could be a couple of years, could be much longer. My wife has a job here.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I hope you enjoy your time there, I'm sure there will be a wealth of photographic opportunities, and I am willing to be that you will find a way to do it in a unique way. I hope you post some images, so we can see the city through your eyes. Personally, I would much rather be in NZ, but then I don't like big cities. All the best.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin