Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,142   Online: 891

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Possible big NZ meetup?

Hello NZ apugers it looks like we have a good size group forming. I am thinking about flying down to Christchurch in late January to see the Ansel Adams exhibit:

http://www.christchurchartgallery.or...05/AnselAdams/

"Legendary American photographer Ansel Adams’ images of the natural world reveal a lifetime devoted to capturing its changing beauty. This exhibition presents a selection of photographs the artist considered his best."

John McCallum mentioned he would like to go as well. Maybe we could get a group together, see the exhibit, then have a day shooting?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hello NZ apugers it looks like we have a good size group forming. I am thinking about flying down to Christchurch in late January to see the Ansel Adams exhibit:

http://www.christchurchartgallery.or...05/AnselAdams/

"Legendary American photographer Ansel Adams’ images of the natural world reveal a lifetime devoted to capturing its changing beauty. This exhibition presents a selection of photographs the artist considered his best."

John McCallum mentioned he would like to go as well. Maybe we could get a group together, see the exhibit, then have a day shooting?

Sounds good ....I would be very interested!

Kathy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photography around there is excellent.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    chch huh - hmmm, possibly yes - probably working tho

How many are there of us now ? would be interersting to see the wherabouts, howmanys and wotnots
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder
    chch huh - hmmm, possibly yes - probably working tho

How many are there of us now ? would be interersting to see the wherabouts, howmanys and wotnots
    I'd say 3 are pretty much confirmed and maybe a few who have not seen this thread yet so I can email them. Once we get 5 or so confirmed we can work out a date that suits everyone.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    3 huh, thats good - the way my work usually works out I couldn't confirm until about a week beforehand :rolleyes:

I was actually interested to know how many Kiwi APUGer's there were all together tho -

I see ones I hadn't seen before in the forums every now and again - its always interesting

Ever thought about putting up APUG flyers and/or wotnot around the place like Auckland Camera, Labtec, MIC etc... ?
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There may be more of you in Auckland, but how many here in Wellington? I am itinerant, only here for a couple of months a year, although I am a kiwi.

I visited the AA exhibition on Boxing Day (December 26 for the uninitiated).

Very well presented in a great gallery. This is the touring "Museum Set" of prints which have been well looked after. I have previously seen smaller selections exhibited elsewhere, but this is a more comprehensive collection.

Michael Dunn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD
    ... snip ... Very well presented in a great gallery. This is the touring "Museum Set" of prints which have been well looked after ... is a more comprehensive collection.

Michael Dunn
    Thanks for the info Michael. Looking forward to it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not a Kiwi, but I'll be there in spirit. Christchurch is one of my favorite cities.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD
    There may be more of you in Auckland, but how many here in Wellington? I am itinerant, only here for a couple of months a year, although I am a kiwi.

Michael Dunn
    Another wandering Wellingtonian here. We are in Amsterdam at the moment, but will be moving back to Wellington this year - beginning of April, timed brilliantly so we get two winters in a row

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin