Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,411   Online: 961

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Professional C-41 service in New Zealand?

I know it's a long shot but thought someone in the New Zealand group might know of a professional level c-41 service, preferably Akl area. Basically I am cursed when it comes to c-41. I've tried several shops and always get either dirt, sludge, fine scratches or all 3 at once. I'd like to be able to drop off my CN400 or XP2 and get back clean pristine negs. Anyone have luck? Worst case scenario I can send them overseas or maybe buy a c-41 kit? hmm..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Professional C-41 service in New Zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I know it's a long shot but thought someone in the New Zealand group might know of a professional level c-41 service, preferably Akl area. Basically I am cursed when it comes to c-41. I've tried several shops and always get either dirt, sludge, fine scratches or all 3 at once. I'd like to be able to drop off my CN400 or XP2 and get back clean pristine negs. Anyone have luck? Worst case scenario I can send them overseas or maybe buy a c-41 kit? hmm..
    Hi Sean.
    Earlier this year, I was assisting an Australian photographer in NZ. We worked out of Auckland and had to have the E6 processed and delivered for the client before returning to Australia. I sourced a lab that was close by - PCL Imaging, and they were superb.
    They are recommended on the AIPA site, which is why I selected them in the first instance. They are located at 86 Parnell Road, Parnell. You can't miss it - it's Kodak yellow with parking out front.

HTH,
    Nanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Ooops, should have added, they do process c41 too :
    http://www.pcl.co.nz/Services.aspx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Exactly what I needed thanks! I will request to see a recently dev'd strip or just run a test roll through first to make sure. It will be nice to finally find a reliable shop..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I always like Labtec in Newton - smaller shop front than PCL but the lab people seem to know a hell of a lot and its always a cheerful atmosphere...

You'll see piles of large format holders waiting to be picked up by courier etc...

Should start shooting color again
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Got the negs done at pcl today as far as I can tell they are clean and looking good, will see how they print tomorrow..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad you've found somewhere good.

If you want to send away, or if you come south of the Bombay Hills, you can try Imagelab - they also have a shop in Chch. There is another professional lab right opposite Imagelab (name escapes me at the moment) in Wellington, though I've never used them myself.

From what I've been told, Imagelab handles all the E6 and LF processing for several of the camera shops in Wellington.

Shooter
    35mm
    this is great info! im actually heading back to AKL after 9 years away, and was wondering about labs as well. Eventually i'd like to set up my own darkroom (after sorting out job, house etc), but really good to know you can still get good service on E6 films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    (after sorting out job, house etc)
    Never ending saga

Shooter
    35mm
    tell me about it! its like starting afresh...

what are the film prices like in AKL guys? anyone selling bulk rolls there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin