Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,530   Online: 814

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I'd go as far as saying seldomly. I've never had to pay customs on anything under $2k.
    Remember, some items are exempt - as are often the customs declarations filled in with a little creative input from the sender.

It depends on how busy they are - its not worth their while to be processing items at a rate which costs them more money in terms of manpower and resource than the duty that will be paid - but they are totally within their rights to charge you duty on a 1 cent item - (well yeh ok, maybe not that extreme... )

$300 is a guideline that some of them will admit to however (others are cagey about it) - so good work on getting your $2k package through, I would suggest this is luck on your behalf however, so dont bank on it for future purchases
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    35mm
    Doesany body anywhere in the world ship E-6 chemicals to India? I heard it is not allowed for export am i right?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    er,

The title of this thread is about B&W chems in New Zealand in the NZ forums - I doubt you'll get as many people reading it who can answer your question as if you were to start your own thread in the right forum

Is Kodak represented by a main office in India ? Assuming it is (there is big cinema industry going over there right?) - try ordering from them directly - as for the Tetenal kits, sorry, no idea

Shooter
    35mm
    Ya i should have asked it somewhere else (but where?). I am only a casual shooter so i dont think kodak will be selling me few liters of chems!!!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    howabout the Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry forums

For what it's worth, I ordered my 5L E6 kit directly from Kodak here in NZ.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    For what it's worth, I ordered my 5L E6 kit directly from Kodak here in NZ.
    This is interesting. I know someone who tried to get chems from Kodak NZ and basically had the importers tell him to bugger off. I'd love to change from a Tetenal process for C-41 and RA-4 because I'd like separate bleach and fix, but it seems tricky without an official importer.

How'd you manage it?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    This is interesting. I know someone who tried to get chems from Kodak NZ and basically had the importers tell him to bugger off. I'd love to change from a Tetenal process for C-41 and RA-4 because I'd like separate bleach and fix, but it seems tricky without an official importer.

How'd you manage it?
    Where did you manage to get even Tetenal kits, by the way? I'd love to give C41 processing a shot -- half a mind to add some hair dye to some ID11/D76 just to give it a whirl like I saw on Flickr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Guys,
    Bostich and Sullivan in the states will send HAZMAT materials via fedex any where in the world. So you can buy almost anything to make you're own or use there kits.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by largeformat pat View Post
    Guys,
    Bostich and Sullivan in the states will send HAZMAT materials via fedex any where in the world. So you can buy almost anything to make you're own or use there kits.
    Pat
    New Zealand does not allow Fedex hazmat shipments ...

We're all addicted to methamphetamine you see (all of us but Simon Power the 'justice' minister) and with a little ingenuity we can turn photo chems into crank

Hazmat shipping = one chem per shipment by the way - $$$

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhatsit View Post
    Where did you manage to get even Tetenal kits, by the way? I'd love to give C41 processing a shot -- half a mind to add some hair dye to some ID11/D76 just to give it a whirl like I saw on Flickr
    Sorry I missed this.
    I got the C-41 (and RA-4) kits from Lacklands (http://www.leica.co.nz/tetenal) who are the Tetenal importers. They don't carry any stock usually, so I had to wait 10-odd weeks for their next shipment from HQ, but the prices were really good, and they were absolutely fine to deal with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin