Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,634   Online: 904

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

B/W chemistry retailer in NZ?

Hi. Can anyone recommend a supplier of liquid chemistry in New Zealand, and specifically the following items? Prices at the outlets I've looked at in Auckland seem pretty high. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

James

• Kodak T-Max Developer
    • Ilford Hypam Rapid Hardening Fixer
    • Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent
    • Kodak Photo-flo
    • Ilford 35 mm films

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thats the price

crazy in that ordering via the net is often cheaper, especially in bulk ...

Aside from mixing your own from ingredients sourced in NZ (Ajax FineChem) your options are either pay or well, pay ...

I'm doing a bulk order from robertwhite.co.uk soon if you are in AK and want to share postage

freestyle, B&H, Adorama, Bostick & Sullivan, Megaperls workshop among others are all trustworthy
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was in the US recently and while I was there I bought FP4+ (120) from Freestyle by mail order. It was $US3.99 per roll, about half the price here. I haven't had to buy any film since, but when I need to I'll look at doing the same. Even with the extra postage, I can't imagine having to buy many rolls to make it worthwhile. I found Freestyle was very prompt and efficient.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been in Asia for a few years, shooting film, and it's a lot cheaper (ie. reasonable) there too. Nick, I'll check those sites and get back to you about Robert White. I'm in Auckland until the end of August and have a few undeveloped rolls lying around. I don't think Amazon will ship all products to New Zealand.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Freestyle ships stuff to Australia and New Zealand regularly - it's kind of become the new "best-kept secret" for Oz & kiwi photogs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget that for orders from the EU/UK you don't need to pay the VAT. That coupled with (usually) cheaper postage can often make buying from the UK cheaper than buying from the US. Try Silverprint and Retrophotographic, especially for the Ilford film.

Having said that, I have been getting stuff along with a friend through B&H.

I've been mixing my own developer (PC-TEA), sourcing the TEA and Vitamin C locally, but getting the Phenidone sent from the US. Works out way cheaper than buying locally.

Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the tips. Nick, thanks for the offer, but I'm placing an order with Amazon soon, and have decided to include my chemistry with it. Paul, homemade developer is something I might be interested in playing with in the long term.

James

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Phenidone is expensive stuff here huh - the outlet I found that had it didn't know of its photographic use either...

In the end I got some I think from photographers formulary to play with POTA developer

James:
    No worries re. the postage - I've found another colleague to split costs with

...also remember any package over $300 incl postage will attract customs duty in NZ ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post

...also remember any package over $300 incl postage will attract customs duty in NZ ...
    Only ocassionally

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland View Post
    Only ocassionally
    I'd go as far as saying seldomly. I've never had to pay customs on anything under $2k.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin