Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,480   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Large Format

Littlejohn enlarger

Hi there everyone

I am from a land surveying firm in Dunedin (and sorry, I have no idea about large format photography, but my boss does!) and we have closed down the arm of our business that used to do aerial photography using film. We now use digital.

Anyway, does anyone know of anybody who might have an interest in some old equipment? We have a Littlejohn 356 Magnacolor projection enlarger, and it is huge. In fact, it is a behemoth! Our blurb says maximum print size on vacuum baseboard is 30" x 40" (76.2 cm x 101.6 cm), with the maximum capacity of the negative/transparency carrier 13" x 16" (33cm x 40.5cm). It is 2.5 metres high, 1.25 metres wide and almost a metre deep.

I have posted this message on one of the Large Format Photography.com forums as well, and one of the members suggested I try here too. One of their members posted this about our type of machine (but quite some time ago) - "This is a well made, industrial quality item by one of Britain's leading graphic arts equipment manufacturers. As well as I can remember the negative carrier and lens panel are effortlessly controlled by two large handwheels below the easel. If you have space for it you will not be disappointed.It's a beautiful machine intended primarily for making line and halftone positive and negative transparencies for litho plate making,silk screen stencils etc.but with the condenser head excellent for continuous tone also."

We thought about giving it to a museum - but no-one here in NZ seems to want it (I know, sacrilege!). If any of you have any ideas about what we can do with it, please let me know (and yes, we would prefer something more constructive than 'Use it for an anchor'!).

I have some photos if anyone wants to message me to see them.

Cheers
    Mandy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sean, the owner of this site lives up in Auckland and has/had one of these as a project to get working but ended up throwing in the towel from memory. Not really useful info but thought I'd comment anyway :P

I really hope you find a good home for this, and hope it stays in NZ too. There's not enough people here shooting big stuff. Personally, I have no use for it. The largest I shoot is 4x5 and considering I don't have my own place there's no possible place I could put it. But good luck with finding somewhere for it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you Chris. We have been contacted by a man in Auckland who is keen to see if he can use it. We would love for it to stay in NZ and actually be useful to someone!

Cheers
    Mandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a few parts he may be interested in. If he does go for it feel free to put him in touch with me. Good luck..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin