Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,477   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films

cyanotype chemicals

anyone know where to buy approx 500g each of dry weight Potassium ferricyanide and Ferric ammonium citrate (green) from a company that is physically based in new zealand? Ive tried overseas places but end up having issues with imporing chems, Ive tried ajax finechem, but they dont sell to individuals, I need a place that is not overseas in any way shape or form.
    Ive been trying via web and phone book for months to track these down, im getting desparate.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

See if you local high school chemistry department might add on to an order for you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Note - you will need alot more ferric ammonium citrate than potassium ferricyanide - I'm still on my first jar of PF (and I use it for bleaching silver prints too) but my 3rd or 4th of FAC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i get my chemistry off ebay. here's a link for one you can find the rest http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7616122411

Shooter
    Instant Films
    thnks but i tried my local art school, they just fobbed me off due to OSH and safety reasons

Shooter
    Instant Films
    thnks for the advice sly

Shooter
    Instant Films
    thanks mattlabs but i did say i was in NZ and wanted to buy from somewhere that was phyisically located in this country and was overseas "in no way shape or form"

Shooter
    Instant Films
    so what happens with these threads
    do we need to bump them?
    and will anyone be pissed off if i do?
    can I say "pissed off"?

Im a newbie please bear with me

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pissed off doesn't bother me. If it pisses off someone else, they will probably let you know. You might want to start a new thread - "Still looking....."

Have you been able to find anyone in NZ who does cyanotypes? Have you looked on alternativephotography.com - they have galleries of artists, clumped into countries and continents, you might find a Kiwi on there who isn't on APUG.

It's hard when you feel isolated. Good luck.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am a kiwi, I do Pt/Pd and on occasion Cyanotype.

My original kits were bought from Photo Formulary and B&S but I have a bulk load of other chemical crap for every other process I do from Ajax, pretty sure I can mix cyanotype from it

Maybe when I mix my next soup of it up I can send you some, I am in Melbourne at the moment however. Wont be returning until next year ... I still order platinum from B&S also, perhaps we could share postage, again, sorry but next year

Your next mission will be finding appropriate papers to coat :P
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin