Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,237   Online: 904

Shooter
    Large Format

Tri-x in Auckland, the mystery continues...

I stopped into Photo Warehouse, a good-sized shop on the Great North Road that still carries film and darkroom supplies. They only stock Ilford chemistry.

I asked about Tri-x and was told "they don't make it any more." When I said that I was pretty sure that wasn't true, I was told, "well, that's what the distributor tells us."

So now I have a conspiracy theory: maybe there are two distributors of film supplies in the Auckland area? One makes a little more margin on Ilford and Fuji, so is discouraging use of Kodak products.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    I stopped into Photo Warehouse, a good-sized shop on the Great North Road that still carries film and darkroom supplies. They only stock Ilford chemistry.

I asked about Tri-x and was told "they don't make it any more." When I said that I was pretty sure that wasn't true, I was told, "well, that's what the distributor tells us."

So now I have a conspiracy theory: maybe there are two distributors of film supplies in the Auckland area? One makes a little more margin on Ilford and Fuji, so is discouraging use of Kodak products.
    I think Kodak would be seriously interested in this phenom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was in there last weekend and had an argument with them when he said Tri-X was discontinued. He backed down when I said it was available from B&H and photo.co.nz. He then mumbled something about a change in distributor in NZ and from his mumblings I suspect that whoever they use just don't bring Tri-x into NZ. As I said, photo.co.nz has some so no worries. PCL also but I can't get in there in the week as I'm well out of town

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I lived in Croatia (Zagreb) I had similar experience about TriX: you can find T-max 100 and 400 everywhere, Ilford and other companies also, but TriX no way, nowhere. I was buying TriX on ebay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin