Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,048   Online: 888

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

New Zealand in February

Hi:
    I've posted this in 'Geographic Location' and it was suggested I post here too. I'll be in the Nelson area for most of February, and will be bringing along my 4x5. Can anyone recommend good landscape and seascape shooting locations within day trips or ovenights from Nelson?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The Able Tasman National Park is just a short drive from Nelson. You could spend your entire trip photographing in the park. Take a water tight pack, as much of the park is best accessed by boat or kayak--or long hikes. Just google Able Tasman for guides to the park. Also, the valley along highway 6 to the north east of Nelson is quite beautiful. I was in NZ two years ago and had a great time. If you can, try to see as much of the south island as possible. The glaciers and sounds are incredible.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nelson Lakes and Buller Gorge would be good overnighters, mind you the list is endless.
    I'm looking forward to leaving Auckland for a year touring the South Island very soon. Anybody recommend film processing labs down there?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In Nelson itself, the carpark on Princess Drive and Paddy's Knob, provide great shooting opportunities of Haulashore Island, Tahuna Beach, The Boulder Bank and Tasman Bay. A 25 minute walk up the hill to the Centre of NZ will give you panoramic views of the town itself from South Nelson to the port and Tasman Haven. Aniseed Valley just south of Hope can provide some interesting shooting as well and you may be lucky enough to catch some dare-devils diving into the river from the footbridge at the public carpark towards the end of Aniseed Dr. Make time to stop at the swingbridge if you're going to do the Buller Gorge.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Head all the way over to Takaka and on out to Sandspit, I can highly recommend you also take the gravel road out to Anatori, camp there for the night and photograph the beaches and windswept trees.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Just be aware that it can get cold in New Zealand. I spoke witha friend of mine yesterday about her trip to New Zealand over the Christmas holiday period and she said that when she left Melbourne (Australia) it was 35 degrees celcius and it was 12 degrees celcius when she got to Auckland a few hours later. Take some warm clothes.
    Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin