Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,383   Online: 761

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

B&W film and lab in Auckland?

Friends - I'm travelling to NZ in a week and am looking for a B&W supplier in Auckland, specifically Ilford/Kodak 3200 35mm stock. Also possibly need a lab for same...process & proof....any thoughts? thanks and cheers, sam

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    PCL - Newton store ex 'labtec' is my choice for proce$$ing... They should have film, or can get it in - but of not try Photo Warehou$e or the grumps at Auckland Camera ($)
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Large Format
    PCL was the only place I could find 120 Tri-X in Auckland
    Vince Donovan

mdm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not shure that you will get such a fast film easily in NZ, but I could be wrong, have never tried myself. May I ask what you plan to use it for?

David

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    the 3200 is around ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Im sorry i think im confused how much does it cost to get film processed in NZ? surely not $15 a sheet for 4x5" and surely not $20 dollars a roll for roll film cut and sleeve? that's almost triple the cost here in Australia! can someone clarify?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford Delta 3200 was in stock last time I was in Photo Warehouse in Grey Lynn.
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    Im sorry i think im confused how much does it cost to get film processed in NZ? surely not $15 a sheet for 4x5" and surely not $20 dollars a roll for roll film cut and sleeve? that's almost triple the cost here in Australia! can someone clarify?
    Notice the dollar $ign$ I u$ed in my fir$t po$t ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    Notice the dollar $ign$ I u$ed in my fir$t po$t ?
    yes i did notice but im still in shock, doesn't this just kill the desire for people to use the material there? I mean if the price dropped more people might shoot on it and they would make more money from more film processing...etc a see saw so to speak.... hmm its none of my business. but still WOW!!!
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My impression when I was in Auckland last year is that amateur and tourist photography is 99.99999% digital. I think only a few pros are still using film in any volume. I attended a meeting of the Auckland Photographic Society and all of the work shown was digital, there was no discussion of film at all!

I think small markets like New Zealand have a problem in when once the tourist film market collapsed, distribution collapsed along with it, so both supply and demand are decreasing, leading to an increase in prices. The increase in prices, as a previous poster mentioned, will only result in less film use.
    Vince Donovan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin