Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,175   Online: 993

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

NZ labs that process slides?

Hi, what labs in NZ process slides or what administers them?

I looking at posting film to them.

I am in Wellington. Not happy with Image Lab, they get water scratch marks on my negs and drop marks on my slides. I use WPS who administers them to Image Lab.

I was firstly delayed, I went in 1hr after the scheduled time and they said they were still doing them. They rang back and they messed up, they didn't sleeve them, it was just a tube of "uncut roll".

PS. I have had film that were cleaned for the 3rd time and still have marks on them.

Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will be interested in the findings in this thread as I am going over the Ditch (to Christchurch, from Melbourne) in November for a 2-week sortie and will need to find somewhere to do E6 (drop in or by post) with attendant quality control. What you are experiencing isn't a good interpretation of quality control.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

mdm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why don't you try doing them yourself. I bet you could get an e6 kit from australia.

David

Quote Originally Posted by rayonline_nz View Post
    Hi, what labs in NZ process slides or what administers them?

I looking at posting film to them.

I am in Wellington. Not happy with Image Lab, they get water scratch marks on my negs and drop marks on my slides. I use WPS who administers them to Image Lab.

I was firstly delayed, I went in 1hr after the scheduled time and they said they were still doing them. They rang back and they messed up, they didn't sleeve them, it was just a tube of "uncut roll".

PS. I have had film that were cleaned for the 3rd time and still have marks on them.

Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you do have problems at Image Lab, do complain to them, in writing if necessary, and also to WPS. I've had occasion in the past to complain to Image Lab, and they sorted the problem. If you don't complain to them, they may not even know they have a problem.

Apart from Image Lab, I'm not sure who actually processes E6 commercially these days in NZ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FotoFirst in Palmy is my strong recommendation.. http://www.fotofirst.co.nz

I live in Hamilton, if I send a roll to them on Monday I get it back Thurs or Friday in excellent scratch and water spot free condition.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is the situation so bad in NZ that you cant find alternative E-6 processing places.

Shooter
    35mm
    Anyone tried, these guys in Waikato?

https://www.snapshot.co.nz/page/film-develop-print

Google search.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I too would mention it to Image Lab directly. They do try to run a very good service, and like all things, you often don't know you're operating at 100% unless you're told. It would be quite sad if things got so bad that everyone here decided not to use them, mailed out, and they shut down their film facilities. As it stands we're hardly spoilt for choice. I'd hate to have to send everything somewhere by post.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well there were 2 sets of negs that was sent back for repetitive washing. I went into Image Lab directly, b/c they were taken to them directly (not via WPS).
    1 strip of them still have marks on them .. like a sponge pattern on the reverse side. That piece was stuck onto the plastic sleeves (initially).
    Despite the 3rd request.
    The other set was cleaned after 2 attempts. Water streak marks via a series of frames maybe 1.5 strips (9 shots).

The manager even said to me these things occasionally happen b/c they go through chemicals ..

1 (the third) set of slides were via WPS.

The last set i tried to collect, before Easter, was told at the time of collection they still working on them, later in the day (Thurs) it arrived but they didn't cut it, it was just a spiral roll tube thing. So I just said I have no way to handle them ..

I don't have a film scanner that take full rolls, I don't have plastic sleeves and cutters and gloves at home.
    Last edited by rayonline_nz; 04-02-2010 at 01:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The last step is normally a stabilizer bath. This is to helps the dyes. It contains a wetting agent so it shouldn't streak. the wash step is done after the fix and before the stabilizer.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin