Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,177   Online: 830

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "In the snow" I'd rather drop one film from the canister instead of 10. Or even 5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Onto the ground?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Onto the ground, into the snow, whereever. Maybe I'm just overcautious

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If I can load an M2 one handed then I can do anything....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd keep them in the plastic cans. Keeps dust and moisture out for the most part. When you get done shooting, just pop them back in. They aren't that much larger than the roll of film.

If you want to keep some kind of structure to your load of film, you could tape a bunch of plastic cans together in a block. I'd put them all in a big ziploc freezer bag or some other kind of waterproof container.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We were in New Zealand this past October -- it rained 8 out of 12 days. I was using 120 film and kept it in ziplock bags. The plastic canisters for 35mm is an added protection. An outfitting shop should have small bags probably waterproof that clip to a belt. Find one the size that will work for you. That would provide easy access without having to go into a backpack when you want to change rolls.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thinking about this a bit further, those little cases you linked to look cool. Anyone know of something available in the US like that? Or what small Pelican case stores 5-10 rolls of 35mm film snuggly?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    jeffreyg, the belt is a great idea thanks! perhaps a fanny pack haha.

Tim Gray, from what I can see Japan Exposures is the only reliable source...Now if I can find out if they are waterproof and sealed tight...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Customs? just like anywhere else in the world, Try not to sweat, don`t dart your eyes all over the place and keep your hands as still as possible and you will be through real quick.
    regards
    CW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Krys, If you get some plastic slide boxes the kind that slides come back from the processors in you can fit four cassettes in each of them, and put rubber bands round them to keep them closed, so with eight boxes you can carry all the film in a very small space and keep them clean and dry.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 05-16-2010 at 03:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin