Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,266   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey,

Yep talked to Kodak NZ. Nothing wrong with them, great communication, but because it had to be shipped from the US it meant the price was untenable for a single 400ft roll. Hence my posting up this thread to see if there was any interest from some fellow Kiwis in buying a few 400ft rolls with me to spread the shipping cost a little lower.

ORWO look interesting, I'd love to see some more example shots (that was you that posted up a few pics on RFF, right?). I'd suppose that the shipping problem still exists. Paying 50-75% of the sticker price of a multi-hundred dollar item on top just in shipping makes things difficult. International shipping didn't used to be this pricey a decade ago?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhatsit View Post
    Hey,

ORWO look interesting, I'd love to see some more example shots (that was you that posted up a few pics on RFF, right?).
    Yes that's me. I have posted some more there today.
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need to find someone to buy it for you and ship via u.s.p.s. from los angeles. It could likely be done for 1/2 your quoted shipping cost or less. I'd do it for you but am way too busy.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroman View Post
    Patrick - I had the same problem with ORWO but things have changed - especially since Kodak discontinued 5231 (Plus-X MP) last month - I have had no problems dealing with them and getting cans over the last couple of months.

So Andy, do you use the 100 or the 400? How is it? Did you get it straight from germany? How much is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have recently got a can of both from the UK supplier:

UN 54 35 mm - 30.5 m roll - £28.42
    N74 35mm – 30.5 m roll - £41.58

So far have only used the 400 asa at 400 in Diafine 4+4. Long way to go yet - 800, 1250, 1600, Diafine, HC-110, Rodinal and some home made developers. Then on to the 100 asa (UN 54) and repeat!

Some examples.

So far I like the 400 asa and it does seem to handle bright midday sun well. Time will tell!

I usually get a 400ft can of Double-X for £30 as it is over 6 months old. The film industry like fresh stock and Double-X does not have a expiry date printed on it. My supplier keeps it in the fridge and if it goes to six months old rings me.
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin