Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,996   Online: 854

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Just heard the news-

Just heard here in L.A. that there was a big earthquake in N.Z. I hope all fellow APUGers and their loved ones are alright. Being in So Cal I know how upsetting these acts of God can be. Godspeed everyone.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sound like a rather large one (7.2 to 7.4) in the early morning hours near Christchurch -- a long way from Sean.. So far nothing about anyone hurt but some damage to shops.

Hope everyone is okay!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Same, it's only 8am and we just heard here so we'll be checking in with family soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope all is okay with our APUG friends there. Well, for everyone there. As a Californian, I know what it's like.

Weird. I was just reading yesterday a report out of New Zealand that scientists discovered a much higher rate of movement on the Australian/Pacific plate zone than had been thought, and wondered what that meant for earthquake danger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It woke me up here in Wellington - didn't feel like the normal rolling side to side shakes we usually get, seemed to be more of a long vibrating shake. I went back to sleep and thought to check the web news in the morning.

After the spectacular rain, hail and thunderstorm Friday evening, it makes for an "interesting" weekend.

Seems there is quite a bit of damage in Christchurch itself, but few injuries.

Go to http://www.stuff.co.nz for more info.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin