Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,657   Posts: 1,481,412   Online: 1099

Shooter
    35mm

Wellington raises lab prices.

Hiya, I normally get my slides done thru WPS as I shoot minimally, I know there is a dude in Palmy ... may try that next time.

They used to cost $15 right .. searching my prev posts, I just checked and it's now $18.50 incl GST (developed and sleeved). I needed the slides asap so I just went to Image Lab which is quoted $17 ex GST. Due to testing a solid ND filter that I have.

Hey, while I'm in the NZ forum. Does anyone know in NZ who sells what in terms of a neutral ND filter? I don't think there is a real neutral filter, but workable filter because I shoot slide film. Given Cokin I heard is not fantastic, Hitech didn't work out, what's left? Lee or Sing Ray (under George Lepp's filters). For the round filters - Singh Ray's Mor-Slo or their Vari NDs?

Call me unfortunate, I bought a Hitech 4 stop (square) for my Cokin P (from B&H) which has a red colour cast which is probably going to be returned, need to be confirmed on slide film, but it goes red on 2 of my digital cameras (white balance not auto). I have also bought a B+W 6 stop solid ND (round) filter on eBay and it has a yellow colour cast, not as strong as the Hitech one though. If you guys are familiar with lightroom, if the camera is set to daylight, I needed 1200 adjustment in white balance (to the cool side) and a -35 adjustment for tint.

Thanks!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I'm not mistaken didn't overall taxes in NZ just go up? And 18nzd for a single roll of e6?! That's highway robbery.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fotofirst in Palmy has my unreserved recommendation. Their website indicates process only is $12.70

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, E6 prices at Image Lab (which is where PWS sends their E6) are a little eye watering these days. Eye watering and bottom clenching if you happen to be shooting E6 4x5" sheets....

Prices went up before the GST increase, then the GST increases on top.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I remember the last time I took some 4x5 C-41 in to Imagelab he told me about the price rises. Thankfully he charged me the old prices because I was in there so often, but I haven't been in since. Now I have a good 20 sheets sitting in boxes I don't want to take in, and am a little scared to process myself for fear of not getting them quite right.

Good reason to nail my time/temp combo I guess…

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C-41 is dead easy. Try a few test sheets. Don't pay the extortion.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yeah it is easy. I've run a few test rolls through and got things close, though there's always been a slight colour shift which has put me off running important sheets through.

Shooter
    35mm
    I got an email from Dwaynne's photo lab, they're pretty quick, within 2 weeks of posting it out it's already on the way back. Prices is not bad $10NZ there and $20NZ back at current FX rates, slides are numbered and mounted (as I understand).

If you do 6 rolls together (max per the $15US return shipping cost), it's cheaper than using the main labs in NZ, but need to do some maths with Palmerston North....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin