Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,330   Posts: 1,537,197   Online: 857

Shooter
    Medium Format

NZ-enlargers for sale and any kiwis importing ADOX paper?

Kia Ora. I have moved back home and am a bit dismayed about the selection of film and paper freely available. Am wondering if anyone in NZ is using/ importing ADOX paper and where they are getting it from, and any tips on keeping it financially viable, since I believe we have to pay GST on any imports. I would be keen to import a mural roll of resin coated. Am living in Northland if anyone else is keen to split an order/ shipping costs.

Also anyone wanting to sell off any darkroom gear please contact me- esp an enlarger that is capable of printing up to 4x5 negs.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a 4x5 enlarger on TradeMe just recently.

As for importing stuff (film, cameras and lenses), I buy from Europe and the US (shipping prices and VAT deductions can make it cheaper from Europe). If it's under $400 (iirc), there's no GST to pay. Above that, you may end up having to pay GST, but not always. I've not had to pay GST yet...

Shooter
    Medium Format

B & W materials

I can recommend Chris Reid at Blanco Negro in Sydney, he handles Foma. Doesn't overcome the import problem but its a bit closer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    About to put up a Saunders LPL C7700 enlarger and Rodagon 105mm 5.6 lens up on trademe -

its only 6x7, but a pretty sweet unit ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    G'Day... I was thinking of importing a whole bunch of Efke products myself. I've been trying to garner some interest on NZ Flickr groups with limited success so far.
    If I make an order for Euro 3000, I get wholesale rates (add about Euro 400 for shipping). Customs and GST will add some more on to that... but essentially I am happy to put the leg work in and front the costs and on-sell to the NZ Market for whatever it cost me + 5% to cover my time to repackage and ship to the buyer... rough calculation (based on much guess work) is:

Efke PL 50 M 4 x 5”/ 50 sheets Euro19,50 = NZ$30.82
    Shipping costs (amortized over many products) at a conservative guess NZ$2.00,
    GST and customs clearance add $8.00 (complete guess) brings landed cost to $40.25 + my markup of 5% and the cost to buy would be NZ$42.30 + shipping within NZ ($5 for 4x5 film up to x5 boxes) - not bad for 50 sheets eh!

As for the question: Is Efke & Adox the same thing? I have searched around and I can't say which ones are the same (some are).

Anyone else interested, please let me know.
    Cheers
    Mark
    mafi photographics (you can google for that easy enough)

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    When we were in NZ on our honeymoon I spent most of one day in Big Al's shop in Welliwood - He has even more broken bits of obscure photographica than CE in Perth, WA - There is bound to be good darkroom stuff in there somewhere

Our marriage has survived

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post

Our marriage has survived
    Obviously didn't spend enough money with Big Al then, LOL.
    I too am thinking of trying ADOX, but am having the same difficulty locating a supply.
    Gary

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin