Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,910   Posts: 1,584,668   Online: 860

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

HP5+ deal at 7dayshop

Browsing the photography section of the 7dayshop January sale email, saw this 4 pack of 135-36 with expiry of 2014 @ £9.99 delivered.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=113254

Shooter
    35mm
    Shame they don't have 120 at that price, but that is a great deal.
    Didn't 7dayshop say they weren't going to stop selling ilford anymore because it was expensive?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd better fly right over! Think off all the money I would save to pay for the airline ticket.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think this is pretty much the end of the road for 7dayshop and Ilford and that's why there isn't much to choose from. I don't do much 35mm nowadays but at this price I've just had to order a few, especially with so long an expiry date.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The reason 7 Day Shop can be so cheap is that they are located in the Channel Islands and not subject to paying V.A.T on the same goods and services as the rest of the U.K. on what the E.U. terms L.C.V.R. ( Low Value Consignment Relief ) and no V.A.T. is payable on on individual items valued at £22 or less imported into the rest of the UK .
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Black View Post
    I think this is pretty much the end of the road for 7dayshop and Ilford and that's why there isn't much to choose from. I don't do much 35mm nowadays but at this price I've just had to order a few, especially with so long an expiry date.
    Peter I keep an eye on 7Dayshop and get its e-mails regularly . From my observations it ran down its stock of Ilford stuff many months ago so HP5+ with an expiry date as far into the future as this has, suggests that it has obtained some new stock from somewhere cheaply. Might be a one-off of course - I don't know

There was a thread here on APUG which incorporated eventually the "falling-out" between Ilford and 7Dayshop a couple of years ago. 7Dayshop for the first and last time if I recollect correctly, actually posted here on APUG As I recall it 7Dayshop claimed that Ilford were no longer prepared to supply stock on a set of previous terms of trade that 7Day had enjoyed.

Has there been a reconciliation? I doubt it but clearly as a business, 7dayshop will sell for a profit irrespective of how it feels about what it regarded as Ilford's unfair treatment of it as a wholesale customer

Business is business as they say

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tocalosh View Post
    Didn't 7dayshop say they weren't going to stop selling ilford anymore because it was expensive?
    No. They said they were going to stop selling it.

Steve,
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    No. They said they were going to stop selling it.

Steve,
    A fellow BBC Radio 4 listener?

(Only teasing - happy new year...!)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    A fellow BBC Radio 4 listener?
    Yes... and I hate the way a lot of their presenters use the wrong (American) pronunciation of controversy!

For more UK film deals, this is reckoned to be Fujifilm: http://www.mailshotsuk.co.uk/acatalo...so_36_exp.html

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    The reason 7 Day Shop can be so cheap is that they are located in the Channel Islands and not subject to paying V.A.T on the same goods and services as the rest of the U.K. on what the E.U. terms L.C.V.R. ( Low Value Consignment Relief ) and no V.A.T. is payable on on individual items valued at £22 or less imported into the rest of the UK .
    Well that is due to end 1st April this year. Although the Channel Islands are challenging it.
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin