Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,613   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It would be easier for me to meet up on a weekend day (pref saturday) and I guess somewhere reasonably central to us all would be best - any ideas?

Also, would we want to take pics or talk about taking pics? I'm happy with either, but would prefer to actually reel off some film.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Hi all
    I am currently soaking up some sun in South Africa at present (a bit warmer than Norwich and Leigh on Sea)
    Phill
    I gather from relatives that it is very hot out there at the moment and they are short of rain.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roy

Yes that is true. The usual winter rains didn't fall in the Cape and summer has been its usual warm and windy self. Its the driest Ive seen in the last 25 years

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    It would be easier for me to meet up on a weekend day (pref saturday) and I guess somewhere reasonably central to us all would be best - any ideas?

Also, would we want to take pics or talk about taking pics? I'm happy with either, but would prefer to actually reel off some film.
    Satuday is a good day for me too. Hows about an early(ish) meet for photography followed by a pub lunch and yak in the warm?
    Since I'm on the fringe of the area may I suggest that the rest of you pick a venue and I will get there somehow.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    has anyone heard from Marcus (sparx)? I know he was keen on this idea. I have pm' d him with no reply ...?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here I am!!!
    I'm afraid I have been suffering from noncomputeritis caused by terminal HDF (hard drive failure) so have been out of it for a while. Back now though and still very interested. Looking at my map I think Essex seems to be fairly central to everyone who seems interested. Is there anyone around this neck of the woods who could recommend a venue to get things rolling?
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    bump

after the success of the Lakes Weekend, it would be a shame to let this one slip into obscurity.

As most seem to be of the northern end of the area .... how about Southwold? some reasonably good opportunities for coastal stuff there and the pubs serve Broadside - the second best beer in the world. I think this would just about be do-able for me to drive up to for a day trip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only just noticed this thread. Good luck guys, I look forward to seeing the results of your meet. I am also interested to see where you will choose as a good base for a photographic outing.

As for me, due to an ongoing (but not life threatening) health condition (which is partly why I got back into photography) I will regretfully be unable to join you all. But one day I shall!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry to hear that Andy. Hope you can make a meet soon, if we manage to get this off the ground. Leon, Southwold sounds grand. It is lovely round that area and would make a good first meet. Anyone else up for it?
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Southwold is good for me, about 40 mins away

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin