Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,020   Online: 766

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Silverprint - No more Saturday openings

Silverprint stops opening on Saturday mornings. It sucks a bit that must be said.

Dee's rant of the day.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nutz. No longer have a reason to get on the train to London on a Saturday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin Reed, of Silverprint, explains the reasons for doing this here:

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...3482#post63482

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Strange to close on saturdays, that's the time when many people don't work and have time for shopping.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Process supplies is closed on Saturdays too. It is a real shame that there is no high street shop available over the weekend when small fry customers like us are likely to visit.
    I remember once a French guy with his London guide under his arm and a map in hand looking for his way to ... Silverprint. He had taken the Eurostar and come all the way from frogs land to go to silverprint. One frog to another, I obviously had a chat with him. For sure he is not the type of customer to come knocking every Saturday at the door, but still it means something for him to have come all the way.
    Last edited by delphine; 02-03-2012 at 02:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post
    Process supplies is closed on Saturdays too. It is a real shame that there is no high street shop available over the weekend when small fry customers like us are likely to visit.
    I remember once a French guy with his London guide under his arm and a map in hand looking for his way to ... Silverprint. He had taken the Eurostar and come all the way from frogs land to go to silverprint. One frog to another, I obviously had a chat with him. For sure he is not the type of customer to come knocking every Saturday at the door, but still it means something for him to have come all the way.

Delphine,

I know the feeling. I would be a bit miffed as well if I spent 6 hours travelling to London on the Penzance to Paddington flyer just to find what I was going up for was shut on Saturdays! But Martin has made the announcement in good time and put the word about - also their mail order service is very good and free if you spend over £100. Which these days is easy to do

Neil.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin