Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,565   Online: 794

Thread: Reala in the UK

Shooter
    35mm

Reala in the UK

Hello all,

As you'll remember, Fuji UK has stopped importing 35mm Reala, 120 is fine but 135 is no longer coming in. If you love this film in 35mm now is the time to act. Supplies are getting quite low: 7DS are out of stock as is the Fuji pro shop, discount films direct is out, AG doesn't have it (but then they never did), Calumet is out, Silverprint has none and nor does Process Supplies. On the Continent I couldn't see any in the German mail order places. Mathers still have stocks. Act now before you need to turn to ebay.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=perkeleellinen;1303206]
    As you'll remember, Fuji UK has stopped importing 35mm Reala, 120 is fine but 135 is no longer coming in. QUOTE]

Thanks for the warning. Any thoughts on why Fuji considers importation of the 120 to be profitable but not the 35mm? There must be more 35mm film users than 120 film users surely

I can never work out Fuji policy on film importation or discontinuation for that matter.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe because in 35mm there are more color options or choices over 120 format, so maybe for this reason they keep Reala 120 for us, this film neg color is my top favorite film in 120, slide is another story, but for color neg this film is my only choice i use over even Ektar 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Thanks for the warning. Any thoughts on why Fuji considers importation of the 120 to be profitable but not the 35mm? There must be more 35mm film users than 120 film users surely
    It was surprising to me too. Apparently 120 is a big seller but the 35mm version was always the top seller at the Fuji pro shop. I fear for the future of Reala; the 35mm version is also no longer being imported on the Continent, I don't know what's happening in the US. That must be a large market gone. Can Reala survive in only 120 format?
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the heads-up, never shot it before but looks like an interesting film. I struggle with the lack of flexibility with ISO100 film, but it certainly sounds nice and the examples are very pleasing.

Very odd to hear about 120 being retained over the 35mm equivalent!

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like that was a temporary thing, perhaps because there was more 120 stock remaining worldwide and Fuji didn't want to announce discontinuance.

But they are going to now and Reala is dead: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1304424

So act now for 120 and 135.
    Steve.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    But they are going to now and Reala is dead:
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I hope it isn't, but when did we start taking "my friend works in a camera shop and he told me..." seriously?

Shooter
    35mm
    This is what convinced me: "This kind of information from Nationalphoto has always been very accurate and it usually comes well before Fuji releases an official one"

Translated notification here: http://translate.google.com/translat...03.htm&act=url
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin