Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,776   Online: 760

Shooter
    35mm

Canon SLR Kit: FREE for beginner

This is a Canon AV1 with 50/1.8 and 28/2.8 lenses that came from APUG member Hectorpaljr.

The maual can be found here

I want to give this away to someone in the UK who is new to film, who perhaps currently has a unreliable or crappier camera than this or maybe even has only a digi camera and dreams of film. Please let this one pass if you already have a good camera. Please let this one pass if you will put it onto ebay next weekend and turn a profit.

The camera body is aperture priority and working fine. The light seals are shot but that doesn't seem to impact performance at all. This camera is film tested. Once you've got the hang of this and then grown beyond its limitations (you can't select shutter speeds) then maybe a F1 or even T90 would be a nice progression. Both lenses are in great condition and together make a nice combination of normal and wide.

In return for this kit, which I'll post out for free, I'd like the new owner to do this:

• Please consider a donation here: www.prostate-cancer.org.uk
    • If you have access to a darkroom, which would be ideal, please consider joining the postcard exchange
    • If you go down the scanning route, post a link to a site where your first pictures will be uploaded.
    • Consider becoming a subscriber of APUG

Keep us up to date with how you get on.

Please reply below if you want this - no pms on this please.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Steve,

I have a friend who would make great use of this. I managed to convince him to shoot film back last year; he started with a holga and then bought a praktica from a car boot sale. Sadly the praktica broke so I bought him a trip 35 for Christmas as he wanted a camera he could easily carry around that would still offer some controls.
    Not to lay it on thickly but I develop his c41 and b+w and give him film to shoot as he doesn’t have a great deal to spend.
    I will be able to scan his negs to show how he gets on.

Paul.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Paul,

Sounds ideal, drop me a pm with your details and we'll go from there.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I gave one of those to my daughter last summer, she shot the dickens out of it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin