Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,507   Online: 1001

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does Fujilab uk have a store-front?

Hi

I have a huge problem.

I would really like to order some stuff from www.fujilab.co.uk, but I see now that they've stopped sending things out of the UK.
    I live in Norway and Fuji stuff can be hard to find in any quantity, so does anyone know if this store has an actual over-the-counter buying option?

- I could take a quick trip over and buy what I need, if they have an actual store.

Really ticks me off, because they have stuff that I cannot find anywhere else

Does anyone know?
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    According to their FAQ, you can drop off film in person, so maybe you can buy stuff. You could ask them, or let us know what you want to order, and I expect there will be a shop who'll ship to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, thanks, I'll check with them first and see what they say. =)
    -

Shooter
    35mm
    Obviously best to email them direct, as you would also need to know opening times and check that they have the stocks you require. I believe that the present Fujilab is in Leeds, so not too far from the Leeds/Bradford airport or the North Sea ferry ports.

Alternatively, I'm sure that must still be other OTC suppliers in the UK who you could visit (maybe in London?) which may be easier to get to, or who would still send orders abroad

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I found (and I shop regularly at) process-supplies, but I am unsure if they have the amount I am after. (I sent a request to them earlier today, so we'll see what they can provide first perhaps).
    -

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    so does anyone know if this store has an actual over-the-counter buying option?
    I've used them a lot and I'm sure it's just a warehouse.

Would an acceptable option be to have the film posted to a UK address and then on to Norway? Happy to help out if need be.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve has offered his services which is noce but as someone has already said there are other stockists who will send outside of the U.K. Are you sure that Silverprint or AgPhotographic haven't got the films you need?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Steve for the kind offering.
    I managed to solve the problem now, I placed a call to process-supplies and talked to the man there.

What I was looking for, was to buy a huge (for me anyway) quantity of Fuji Neopan 1600, they are about £1 cheaper on the fujilab site than at other places, and I was also un-sure if they would have such an amount in stock.

Process-supplies had loads in stock and the rep. said that they could even get hold of more, as Fuji seemingly had started to produce it again. He wasn't sure if they would keep producing it though, but for now, it was possible to get hold of. (He was, understandably, a bit frustrated by Fuji's lack of predictability)

So, run out and buy some if you miss it! ^^
    Pentaxuser, indeed, I checked now with the two mentioned stores and ag-photographic had the Neopan 1600 listed.
    I've found it in 7dayshop, ag-photographic, process-supplies and at fujilab. (only p-s and ag-photo ships outside UK as far as I know)
    Last edited by Helinophoto; 03-09-2012 at 03:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -

Shooter
    35mm
    That's great, and I'm sure that you will find Process Supplies a top company....I've bought a few items and they seem to be geared up for the professional market. But they also market some items via Ebay (SFAIK all fresh stuff, not remainders), so maybe worth a look there for anyone who's interested in checking out some of their offers and prices. (No connection other than as a customer!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, I've probably purchased stuff for a few hundred £'s at process-supplies until now and they are both quick and professional to deal with.
    The only "oops", is that if you live outside the uk and order liquid chemicals, you may need to call them to arrange shipment costs. I did that once (I didn't know better) and the shipment became more expensive and slower that way because of the security issues related to that, but I received the goods just fine and they were packed securely.
    -

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin