Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,795   Online: 763

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

MF film in Devon and Cornwall

I have a trip planned to Devon and Cornwall next month. Can anyone recommend some good places to buy MF film in these counties? Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Most if not all Jessops stores will stock film. The bigger Boots chemists stores might stock some colour MF and some B&W MF.

However if I were you I'd buy what I think I might need and a little more just in case from a retailer such as AgPhotographic, Silverprint or Mathers of Lancashire.

Even if there are specific shops in both counties, they are big counties and may be in towns that you have to go out of your way to get to

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. I am bringing film--just worried about what to do if I run out. I thought it might be a good idea to have a list of places to try in case of emergency.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm from Plymouth and very few shops stock film especially 120, not even sure if the Jessops in Plymouth do anymore, I would bring what you need (and a bit spare) with you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, Ed. It's the same situation here in the US. I was just hoping that there might be a shop or two somewhere in Devon or Cornwall that still catered to film photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a shop in Falmouth that has a good range of films but I don't remember it's name. They carry Ilford including LF because of trhe nearby Art College.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perfect! I'll be staying near Falmouth the second week, when I'm most likely to run out. I take it the art college is University College Falmouth, but I'm not sure which shop you're thinking of...Associated Photography? The Photo Shop?

photography near University College Falmouth, United Kingdom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill Spears a member here took me to the shop, I didn't take in the name, buy enough and ask for discount !!!!

Look at the Ilford website for other stockists but in Falmouth it will be:

STOCKISTS IN YOUR AREA

ASSOCIATED PHOTOGRAPHY

30 ARWENACK STREET, FALMOUTH, TR11 3JB
    Tel 01326 319591
    associatedphotography@btnet.com
    Approximately 0 miles

Hope that helps.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great! Thanks for your help.

Ken

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jessops in Penzance stocked 35mm & 120 Ilfords films a couple of years ago

Not sure if they will still keep it - it seems to depend upon the individual shop manager - but they used to have a steady demand for it

You will find Devon and Cornwall have lots of photo opportunities and great ever changing light

Have fun

Martin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin