Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,080   Online: 976

Shooter
    Medium Format

sendean camera CLA

I had my nikkormat ft3 serviced. when i collected it, there was a gum like substance in the light seal. the light seal appeared to be scraped out and not replaced. the shop claimed the gum substance was a modern light seal which will never need replacing. any ideas? also the meter is very jumpy on iso 400. today even at 1/1000sec the needle jumps without a lens on. I would have thought that 1/1000 was fast enough @ iso 400 to not read overexposure.
    what is this light seal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No such thing as lightseals that never need to be replaced. If they omitted it and didn't clean it well there will be glue/foam breakdown residue. They Should have replaced with foam or black string.

Light meter issue, you should mount a lens and check with another camera or shoot a short test roll.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin