Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,440   Online: 973

Shooter
    35mm

Film processing in the UK

Hi,
    I've been an ardent digital photographer for some years now and having purchased a Fuji X100 last year, have loved the "back to basics" and simplicity of it, that I've decided to go back to film with the purchase of a Nikon F5 - I've shot with a D300 in the past and had lot's of glass most of it suitable for the F5.

My main question is, while I want to get the film processed onto paper/slide, I'd also like to get a digital render of the image too. Looking around the web I've not found a processing firm that will do decent resolution scans of negatives and was hoping someone on the forum could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Rod

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Peak Imaging in Sheffield
    Palm Laboratory in Birmingham

Not used either for scanning, but I have used Peak for some 5x4 negs - Reasonable turn around time, beyond that, I can't comment on their other services.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've used Peak Imaging for E-6 in the past, but not for scanning. Looks like they have a range of resolution options though, and I've found their service to be fast and problem-free.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ilford do a good B&W service - http://www.ilfordlab.com/

The Darkroom do a wide range of both Colour and B&W - http://www.the-darkroom.co.uk/

I too can recommend Peak Imaging in Birmingham

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the info chaps!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin