Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,815   Online: 1129

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wolverhampton Camera Fair Sunday 7th Oct

Is anyone going to the Camera Fair on Sunday?

If so do you fancy meeting up ?

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I was there, got a shedload of good stuff as usual. I'm still smuggling it into the house so my wife doesn't notice !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had another good day there.

A Quarter Plate Dallmeyer Press (reflex) Camera with a Dallmeyer 6" f3.5 lens, a post WWII 6x6 Nettar, an almost mint Zorki C (S), a good TP Triple Imperial (minus bellows) for £20, and to cap it off a good TP Special Ruby Reflex with roll film back and excellent TTH Cooke lens. (I buy cameras to restore usually).

The one stall is always a winner, last time it was an excellent 10" RR lens for £30, this time the Zorki & Nettar at £5 each, but the real bargains were the shutters £2 each one with a coated 105mm f3.8 Xpres. Two stands away the seller wanted £35 for the same lens in an Epsilon shutter, that's the going price fitted to a camera

My problem is hiding the Press/Reflex camera from the wife The upside is she wants me to put cameras on display in our apartment in Turkey but I have to juggle what she wants seen with what I want to use here when in the UK

So come on Lloydy what did you buy.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Shit, I was in Leaminton last weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I know why I should be following the UK forum. Looking forward to news about other good photo fairs, closer to Ireland would be a plus.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damnation, just found this thread today :-(

Wolverhampton is 20 mins down the road from me, but last Sunday I was in Belfast ^_^
    Any idea when the next one is?
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Next one's 9th December, just checked to see if it classes with the Malvern Flea market but that's the 2nd the week before.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    http://wolverhamptoncamerafair.co.uk/

Ignore the date, they haven't changed it yet. The next one is December 9th, just in time to get my lovely wife some nice presents. I'm sure she'll appreciate some nice lenses.

I got some good stuff at the last one, some developing / darkroom stuff for 120 film, a couple of lenses, a grip, Porrofinder and a Paramender for my Mamiya C3, a few M42 lenses, a MD to Adaptall mount, a pile of filters and lens caps. And I still had change from £80 !
    I've had some great bargains from there, probably the best was an immaculate and perfectly working Zorki 4K for £2, the shutter lock was down and the guy selling it thought it was jammed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
    http://wolverhamptoncamerafair.co.uk/

. The next one is December 9th, just in time to get my lovely wife some nice presents. I'm sure she'll appreciate some nice lenses.

With the above plan and as its winter you'll need a course in igloo building. A park bench is no good. You'll also need protection from the Wolves but at least they aren't as dangerous as in the 1950s when Ron Flowers and William Wright would bite your legs at the drop of a ball between 3:00pm and 4:40pm on a Saturday. NB only 10 mins break required at half time to suck a section of an orange

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    My mother in law used to play football with Billy Wright when they were kids in Ironbridge, and I lived just down the road from him and his wife Jo ( one of the Beverley Sisters ) until I got married, he was a lovely man. A really modest and thoughtful man who just happened to be a great footballer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin