Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,148   Online: 886

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA

For those staying three nights, I thought it might be a great idea to book the SHARD VIEWING PLATFORM on the Sunday night. The perfect way to end the weekend

http://www.theviewfromtheshard.com/

On the Sunday night the sun sets at 20.15hrs, so if we booked tickets for say, 19.00hrs, we can watch the sun go down over London, and then have a few drinks in the Bar afterwards. What do you think? Yes, it's expensive (£25), but it's not something you will do every day.

Updated Attendance list

It is my pleasure to add Martin Aislabie to the list of attendee's. Martin has booked in to the hotel for three nights. Also, Mike Heller and his sister, who lives locally, hope to join us, and will travel in from Balham on a daily basis. It is also a great pleasure to welcome Delphine Lopez along. Delphine lives locally and also has a great knowledge of the area, which can only add to making this weekend all the more pleasurable. There is also some interest from Grumpyshutter, who would be travelling down to join us from Northumberland, and dazey, who lives locally. lets hope that I will be adding them to the list of definites very soon

Attending so far are

Stoo Batchelor
    Jon Butler
    Neil Souch
    Barry Wilkinson
    Bob
    Martin Aislabie

Possibly Maybe’s

Bill Spears
    Mark Burley
    Leo Stehlik
    paulc

Traveling in for the day(s)

Paul Enters
    Tudor
    Alan Jones
    Mike Heller and his sister
    Delphine Lopez

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Updated attendance list for London Gathering

It is a pleasure to add Keith Tapscott's name to the list Possibly Maybe's.

Attending so far are

Stoo Batchelor
    Jon Butler
    Neil Souch
    Barry Wilkinson
    BobF
    Martin Aislabie

Possibly Maybe’s

Bill Spears
    Mark Burley
    Leo Stehlik
    paulc
    Keith Tapscott

Traveling in for the day(s)

Paul Enters
    Tudor
    Alan Jones
    Mike Heller along with his sister
    Delphine Lopez

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Stoo

All sounds fun. Will be good to meet up again, perhaps Saturday evening or Sunday. Well organised!
    Cheers
    Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Mike

It sure would be a pleasure to have you along.

I shall add your name to the list on my next update in a day or two.

I hope you are well and life is good for you.

All the very best

Stoo

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    Hello Stoo

All sounds fun. Will be good to meet up again, perhaps Saturday evening or Sunday. Well organised!
    Cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by Stoo Batchelor; 02-21-2013 at 02:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I live in London. I'm not sure whether I can take a whole weekend out, but I'd love to meet up for at least some of the time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Ian

That would be great if you could join us. I am hoping the weekend is going to be a pretty relaxed affair, so please do join us at any time over the weekend, whether that be for the print share on the Saturday night, The Salgado exhibition, or just for a coffee on the South bank. You would be most welcome.

Cheers

Stoo

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Leake View Post
    I live in London. I'm not sure whether I can take a whole weekend out, but I'd love to meet up for at least some of the time.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That sounds good to me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

I am new to this forum but live locally in east London. I would love to drop in for some of the weekend. The itinerary looks great. For some interested in the 'edgier' side of London, I could suggest Brick Lane, The markets around Columbia road or London fields, or Hackney Wick which is round the corner from the Olympic site.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi

Sorry for my late reply to you. Yes, please do pop in and introduce yourself. It would be great to meet you and I am sure you will feel most welcome. Some great suggestions there, thank you. There is just so much to do in so little time, but I am sure this will not be the last get together in the City. The itinerary is never carved in stone, and we just go with the flow on the day, so suggestions are always welcome.

I will look forward to meeting you in August

All the best

Stoo

Quote Originally Posted by f1lmf4n4tic View Post
    Hi

I am new to this forum but live locally in east London. I would love to drop in for some of the weekend. The itinerary looks great. For some interested in the 'edgier' side of London, I could suggest Brick Lane, The markets around Columbia road or London fields, or Hackney Wick which is round the corner from the Olympic site.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello everyone

So, here we are just a little over four weeks away from this London Gathering, so I thought it was time to give this thread the proverbial kick up the rear, and write a few words just to let anyone who wishes to join us on any of the two days what we have got planned.

Those of us staying in the Hotel will be arriving late afternoon, early evening on the Friday 16th August to get settled in, and perhaps get together for some food, share a drink, and general chit-chat. For those that fancy joining us for a drink that night, you will find us here....

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/3...r-Bridge-hotel

A very simple itinerary has been put together for the Saturday based around the visit to Sebastio Salgado's 'Genesis' exhibition. For those of you not staying at the Hotel and planning to travel in for the day, you are welcome to meet up with us there, or catch us on route. After breakfast at approximately 09.30 to 10.00am, we will be heading over Tower Bridge taking in the scenery, and heading in the direction of Borough Market. After spending time making images, or if you so wish, just taking in the sights and enjoying each others company, we will find a place to lunch, and perhaps grab a beer or a coffee, before heading over to the Exhibition. The Museum closes at 17.50, so we will be thrown out by 18.00, at which we will then be heading back to the hotel for food and the print share, remembering of course that nothing is ever carved in stone when it come to our arrangements, apart from the Exhibition time that is.

The time that has been decided to visit the exhibition is 3.00pm on Saturday 17th August.Tickets can be booked here...

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-...lgado-genesis/

Just click on the "Book tickets Online" about centre page. It is all pretty straight forward, but you will find that you have to go through the laborious task of registering with the Natural History Museum online first. Tickets are £10.00 for adults, seniors 60+ are £5.00.

Sunday's itinerary can be decided on the day, or perhaps on the Saturday. As I have mentioned before, nothing is ever carved in stone on these gatherings, the whole idea is to meet up with like minded people, enjoy the sights, relax, chat, and just enjoy, with no real pressure.

So perhaps for the Sunday:

Canary Wharf, a mecca for hand held photography
    St Katherines dock, such a beautiful part of London
    The South Bank, taking in the Tate Modern, with it's famous Turbine Hall, a wonderful area in itself
    The Millennium Bridge, and perhaps crossing over to St Paul's

Like I have said, this can be decided on the day, but we will be heading out of the hotel by 09.30 to 10.00am.

Saturday night will be print share night, which will be held at the hotel, so if you are choosing to just pop in for a few hours, then this will be a great few hours spent. They are a nice, relaxed affair, sit and have a drink, chat, perhaps bring some of your work along to show, or just enjoy others. (prints are always shown away from food and drink!)

Staying at the Hotel

Stoo Batchelor
    Neil Souch
    Barry Wilkinson
    Martin Aislabe
    Martin and Vivien Howse
    Jon Butler

Traveling in for the day, definitely, possibly, maybe

BobF
    Tudor
    Paul Enters
    Alan Jones
    Mike Crawford
    Delphine Lopez
    Ian Leake
    Mike Heller and his Sister

All in all, this is shaping up to be a very good, well attended gathering. If I have missed your name off the list, my apologies, give me the nudge and it will be added. If you fancy coming along, please let me know via the forum and I will add your name to the list.

I will add my mobile number a week before the gathering, so you will be able to find our where-a bouts on the day.

Any other thoughts, ideas or questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers for now, and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Best

Stoo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin