Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,217   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes indeed.

I have been going there for over 40 years and I can find images that excite me. The pubs are pretty good too :-)

Neil.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    More ancient stones than Glastonbury as well! The old quarries are always fascinating and you can get every season in one day...I remember sitting in a blizzard one easter reloading my darkslides somewhere near Beardown Man and made one of my all time favourite images at the stone row near South Zeal.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    More ancient stones than Glastonbury as well! The old quarries are always fascinating and you can get every season in one day...I remember sitting in a blizzard one easter reloading my darkslides somewhere near Beardown Man and made one of my all time favourite images at the stone row near South Zeal.

Yes it is all there and much more. I like the softer side of the area as well - along the rivers and streams etc. The autumn and winter are the best times to visit as it is now a very popular place in the summer. But having said that if you are prepared to walk a couple of miles off road even in the summer you can avoid the crowds.

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

UPDATED LIST

UPDATED LIST - 24/09/13

Here we have a few more list alterations and additions to keep everyone up-to-date on who will be there, and when, over the weekend.

To date we have five staying at the Riverside which is about 50% of their rooms booked already by photographers If you are thinking of staying at the Riverside don't delay your booking otherwise you may be disappointed. Booking early at the Riverside is easy using the Riverside's own website. If you do this only a very small deposit will be taken to reserve a room and you will also have the option of cancelling (within a reasonable time frame) should need to do so.

As at 24/09/13

Neil - three nights at the Riverside
    Stoo - three nights at the Riverside
    Bob - three nights at the Riverside
    Paul BJE - three nights at the Riverside
    David Lingham - two nights at the Riverside (24th /25th)
    Martin

Rob is a possible

Eddie (Edbray) who lives locally will come along sometime on the Sunday.

Keith Tapscott who lives locally will come along sometime.

If you have any queries / questions please raise them here or send me a PM.

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

UPDATED LIST

UPDATED LIST - 25/09/13

Good news: Barry has returned from his sojourn to the Isle of Lewis and has signed up for three nights at the Riverside. Martin has also made his Riverside booking. So these two bookings bring us to a very healthy seven staying at the hotel If we carry on at this rate we shall soon have the Riverside completely booked out!

As at 25/09/13

Martin - three nights at the Riverside
    Barry - three nights at the Riverside

Rob is a possible

I am sure there are many more locals who could come out for a day or two - or just for a few hours - so why not come along and join us - you will be made most welcome and will be with like-minded photographers.

For those who have not been to the Riverside before you will be pleased to know they have a large free car park. So don't hold back on the amount of gear you bring as you will not have far to carry it to your hotel bedroom!

Also can I remind those staying at the Riverside, as well as those staying on in the evening, to bring along some work for our print sharing session. The print sharing session is usually held on the Saturday evening before dinner and sometimes afterwards as well. Although this is not set in stone because it will all depend on what we are doing and the weather - impromptu print sharing sessions can also happen at any convenient time over the weekend. So come prepared

I will be giving out further updates on the weekend as and when they happen, or are needed, so keep an eye on this thread.

If you have any queries / questions please raise them here or send me a PM.

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

UPDATED LIST

UPDATED LIST - 27/09/13

I seem to be updating the list every other day - not complaining though as I am overwhelmed by the take-up

The latest addition is Tony Marlow - welcome aboard, Tony !

As at 27/09/13

Tony - three nights at the Riverside

Rob is a possible

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

UPDATED LIST - 10/10/13

We have another update!

Rob and Leo have now confirmed they will be joining us over the weekend and staying locally. This is great news as we have now reached eleven staying for the weekend and two, Eddie and Keith, turning up on the day.

We have run quite a few gatherings up and down the country but I can't recall one being so well attended as this one But don't let us stop there because it's 'all the more the merrier' as far as I'm concerned - so if you are still undecided make up your mind now and come along and join in. Either for just a few hours, if that's all the time you have, or for a night or two if you want to get more involved.

Going from Leo's response from the Riverside Inn it now seems all the rooms have now gone which is not a surprise as they only have about 12 letting rooms. So if you would like to join in and need accommodation I would suggest trying the Dolphin Hotel in Bovey Tracey (near the Riverside) or looking at B&Bs and small hotels in Newton Abbot, Paington and Torquay where some winter bargains can be had. I suggest these areas because they are within an easy drive to Bovey Tracey and low prices can be found.

As at 10/10/13

Mark - Friday night at the hotel + Saturday
    Rob - three nights - staying nearby
    Leo - four nights - staying nearby

See previous item on The Old Tottiford Water Treatment Works: http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...?t=8941&page=2

If you have any queries about this weekend please raise them here or send me a PM.

Neil.
    Last edited by Neil Souch; 10-10-2013 at 11:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just thought I would 'bump' this thread in case there are any other interested parties?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Old Tottiford Water Treatment Works visit cancelled.

I have just heard from Eddie that his proposed visit to the old water treatment works has now been cancelled due to family commitments. If you would like to visit the old water works on the Monday please contact Eddie direct.

Everything else planned for the weekend remains the same and in place.

As at 30/12/13

Mark - Friday night at the hotel + Saturday
    Rob - three nights - staying nearby
    Leo - four nights - staying nearby

If you have any queries about this weekend please raise them here or send me a PM.

Neil.
    Last edited by Neil Souch; 12-30-2013 at 04:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tomorrow it is then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin