Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,431   Online: 850

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Rayco up for sale !

Anyone with any spare cash ? If so, you might like to buy yourself a nice business !

http://www.rayco-chemicals.co.uk/
    Heat or light; it depends on your sensitivity.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanD
    Anyone with any spare cash ? If so, you might like to buy yourself a nice business !

http://www.rayco-chemicals.co.uk/
    Perhaps Euro APUGers can start a consortium of investors and purchase the enterprise.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rayco was sold. I believe the buyer is Birmingham based.

Shooter
    35mm
    My order has just been returned with a nice letter stating the Rayco ceased tradin on the 28th of Febuary, with no indication of them being sold.

The letter was dated the 10th of March.

So - anyone know anywhere else to get raw chemicals, apart from Silverprint ( whose £25 minimum order and £6 shipping are annoying if you only want one thing ).

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Many thanks for that

;-)

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve at Rayco indicated last month that a Birmingham based person was taking over the company's business, and final agreement was imminent and he has since posted on the website that the company has been taken over and is relocating. He effectively ran Rayco and was being made redundant by the owners of the parent company on completion of the sale.

During a long converasation Steve indicated that there was good potential business if a small amount of money was spent re-investing in stocks of chemicals, which had been allowed to run right down, for instance I had their last Potassium carbonate & Pyrocatechin. We had discussed the economics & profit margins on various chemicals, an area I'm familiar with from running a laboratory & purchasing similar chemicals in 25kg packs and some like Borax in volumes up to 4 metric tonnes at a time.

I was weighing up the possibilty of getting involved, which was when Steve told me a deal was nearly completed. So it will be interesting to see what materialises.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone received any chemicals or information lately from the reconstituted Rayco? Three emails from me in the last couple of weeks enquiring about availability have gone unanswered.

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately Bob I think it all fell through. stock levels were so low all a buyer was getting was in truth the mailing list.

Steve was the only person with any knowledge of the market.

PM me what chemicals you're after, as I bought out the stock from another UK supplier of photo chemicals and might be able to help. I bought for my own use and have surplus, but will soon be off loading what I don't want to store to a more commercial outlet.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Does this mean Rayco chemicals is gone forever?
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin