Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,324   Online: 1036

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    Film near Tower...

KVJ next to Whitechapel station Mon-Fri
    Silver Print 100m from Elephant &Castle station Mon-Sat
    Lomo 200m from LiverpoolSt station Mon-Sun to 18:00

Silver Print keeps oodles eg raw chem, alt process...

Street Markets galore to use up film in
    Thanks for that. I know there are plenty of shops selling film in London, but there was nothing immediately obvious to someone like me visiting the Tower and running out of film.
    In Edinburgh, I wouldn't rely on finding film easily. Better to come prepared.
    Alex.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Boots chemist/pharmacy normally have HP5/XP2/BW400CN as well as Colour best bet in Edingburg for OP.

Noel

Shooter
    35mm
    Edinburgh is my home town though I have not lived there for many years. It is an incredibly photogenic city so best is to just wander round and photographing what you fancy. In the old town, which is the castle side of Princes Street Gardens, don't only walk the High Street, go down the little closes that go off the main street. Many of these open up into wonderful courtyards that are not often discovered. In fact do this where ever you go, there are many hidden gems in the city. Try also Dean Village and Stockbridge, these are the other side of the new town and little villages within the city. Do this too when you want to eat & drink, most of the best pubs and restaurants are in the side streets.

Shooter
    35mm

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, traveling to the aerport now :-) :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My old home town but long time since I've lived there.

There is a Calumet though not in the centre but maybe 10 minutes on the bus from Princes Street. (Main street.)
    http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/INTERS...Name=edinburgh

Good idea to go to Stills Gallery. Have a chat to someone there and they can advise on photographic shops, events, galleries in town.
    http://www.stills.org/

If you have time, and it's a good sunny day, go to the Camera Obscura next to the Castle. Great fun. If you are feeling fit, a hike up to the top of Arthur's Seat and get a view over to Fife and then later enjoy the many pubs which are open a lot later than backwards England! Can promise the beer is a lot cheaper than Norway! Pint of 80 shilling is a must.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is the Stills Gallery anything to do with Beyond Words, the photo bookshop that used to be in Cockburn Street?
    Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    Can promise the beer is a lot cheaper than Norway! Pint of 80 shilling is a must.
    Combine that with an inch of Ardbeg and you have one of the famous Rebus rounds. Sorry APUG U.S. it would just take too long to explain.

OP Do give this a try after visiting Arthur's Seat. DO NOT under any circumstances do this the other way round

pentaxuser - an Ian Rankin fan

Shooter
    35mm
    How did you find Edinburgh Omu?

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello again and thanks for your help :-)

We had a nice weekend. Good food and beer, some shopping for my wife and photographing for me.
    Will make some lithprints from the trip, here are two of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Royal Mile.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	493.0 KB 
ID:	86406

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	St Mary's Cathedral.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	86407

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin