Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,527   Posts: 1,543,938   Online: 1093

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    Good to see your memory hasn't faded
    Stop interupting; I’m trying to craft some sort of victory out of adversity here.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    FrankB, since Leon’s pulled out (shame on you Leon) it looks like you have inherited the organisational hot seat.
    Oh..... Great....

Since there may be a few folks who will not be attending the Friday gathering, but may like to join in the photographic side on Saturday, can we fix a meeting time/place for them? Can I suggest we meet with others in the Avebury Ring car park at the point where the footpath to the ring leaves the car park at say 9.30am on the Saturday morning– does that sound ok?
    Nice one, Dave. Yep that sounds like a good call. I've PM'd my mobile number to a few people as well so hopefully they'll be able to find us.

If anyone else that we don’t know about intends coming, please pitch into this thread and let us know who to look out for.

To answer someone’s question, yes I do intend to bring a few recent prints with me on the Friday, and hope others will as well; you cannot have too many beer mats.
    Likewise, if I can get the damn things flat! :rolleyes: The bad news is I still get off on waterfalls, but I'll try and find a couple of others to bring too!

BTW Dave, have you been playing with Les's Beard?!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    BTW Dave, have you been playing with Les's Beard?!

I'm saying nothing until I've had legal advice!
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Forget the Gillette Mach 3 - real men use 4 blades!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Forget the Gillette Mach 3 - real men use 4 blades!
    I can cause chaos with two!
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you are going to Avebury it's not too far to travel to Lacock where the Fox Talbot Museum is located. I was there today and the abby and village is well worth a visit. I cant make the gathering as I'm on night shift.
    Born again photographer!!!!! Looking for inspiration

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    La Cock is just lovely I must say having lived near there in my younger days. We used to race up the nearby hill for my cycling club hill climb champs!
    Is this gathering open to newbies to APUG? I'm near Manc. now but mom still lives in Somerset so may be able to combine the reason for the trip.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp
    La Cock is just lovely I must say having lived near there in my younger days. We used to race up the nearby hill for my cycling club hill climb champs!
    Is this gathering open to newbies to APUG? I'm near Manc. now but mom still lives in Somerset so may be able to combine the reason for the trip.
    It's open to all, see my earlier post for the meeting point. Look forward to seeing you.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp
    Hi Schlapp,

The Gathering is open to all (although we make make Members buy a round as a penalty! (that's a joke BTW!)). I'm trekking down from the northwest myself.

The Keswick gathering in the spring was a really good laugh, despite us all getting blown over and frozen at Castlerigg and snowed on at Buttermere!

Please feel exceptionally welcome to join us. We'll be easy to spot - just turn up early doors on Saturday at Avebury stone circle; we'll be the cold looking bunch with the tripods!

Smudge - Sorry you can't make it. Maybe next time, eh?

All the best,

Frank

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Was thinking of coming on Friday and visiting Malborough /Savernak- not been there in years, then staying over for Sat morn before shooting off to see the family. What on the agenda for friday - other than the bar!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin