Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,160   Online: 1060

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Never been to Avebury, but I drove through Marlborough a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice simple drive from here, so suits me great.

Oct 15-16 sounds a good compromise between too early and to wintery (hopefully - then again what did you expect in the lake district in Febuary, which reminds me - does the software still object to derwen****er?).

Ian

(yes it does :-))

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    good to see you got back ok Bob. looking forward to seeing your pics.

I have some neg scans from the weekend in my personal gallery

I saw your scans from Keswick (cyber-cafe above the Post Office) - really like the drowned tree - that'll make a nice print.

Backlog of work means I still have about 15 rolls of 120 FP4+ & Maco 820c and a dozen 4x5's to develop and to contact the lot.... Probably be 2 weeks before I actually get to print anything (always assuming anything worth printing!)...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Backlog of work means I still have about 15 rolls of 120 FP4+ & Maco 820c and a dozen 4x5's to develop and to contact the lot.... Probably be 2 weeks before I actually get to print anything (always assuming anything worth printing!)...

Cheers, Bob.
    I sure everyone's a winner - mine always are; until developed.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sort of thinking aloud here, bear with me.
    The Crown Monochrome Group say they are holding another Monochrome Spectacular on the 16th October in Trowbridge which is close to Avebury. Those that attended last year enjoyed the event, and I for one intend going this year; subject to seeing their programme of speakers course. May I suggest then that our Avebury rock hugging fest is scheduled for the Saturday 15th October. I envisage travelling down on the Friday evening to a yet to be selected hotel so that an early(ish) start can be scheduled for the Saturday morning at the Ring followed by whatever other delights the area has to offer. I am open to guidance with regard to venues. Those that don’t fancy the Crown event can continue snapping through Sunday.
    Any thoughts?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sounds good to me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That sounds a good way to kill two birds with one large rock.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Provisionally, 16 Oct Trowbridge / Avebury sounds good.

All my film from the Keswick Gathering is now souped and sorted. Lightbox and loupe neg inspection looks promising (but what do I know?! ). Will hopefully get into the darkroom this weekend and post some images shortly thereafter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Provisionally, 16 Oct Trowbridge / Avebury sounds good.

All my film from the Keswick Gathering is now souped and sorted. Lightbox and loupe neg inspection looks promising (but what do I know?! ). Will hopefully get into the darkroom this weekend and post some images shortly thereafter.
    Same here (but negatives more "hopeful" than "promising" ). Will make contacts tonight and try a print or two by the weekend.

Sounds a good idea re' 15th Oct - I did mean to pop along to the Crown Monochrome Group thingy last year but work intervened...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Same here (but negatives more "hopeful" than "promising" ).
    The difference is probably more an indication of my foolish optimism than anything else, Bob!

I look forward very much to seeing what you come up with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With the nights drawing in and Christmas decorations imminently expected to appear in supermarkets throughout the land I thought it might be an idea to <bump> this thread and see who we can interest in The Autumn 2005 APUG UK Gathering!

The first UK Gathering was a resounding (and cold, wet and windy!) success where hardy souls of great photographic skill and merit were joined in a spirit of artistic fulfillment. Others (like myself) turned up as well, made irreverent comments, banged off a few shots and drank beer!

I think I'm pretty safe in saying that, despite the inclement weather, a good time was had by all and it was great to be able to put faces to names.

The next gathering has been proposed for the 15th / 16th of October 2005 in the village of Avebury, Wiltshire (famous for its stone circle) with a possible trip to the Crown Monochrome Group's "Monochrome Spectacular" on the 16th in Trowbridge (about forty minutes away). This will hopefully be slightly more accessible than Keswick for our southern contingent!

If you're interested in attending, please say, "Aye!"

If you know of a decent rally point (preferably equipped with beer, food, B&B and an area we can gather to view prints), a decent campsite (for the canvas lovers amongst us) or good shooting locations in the locale, please say where!

All the best,

Frank
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin