Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,969   Online: 1033

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    ... Others (like myself) turned up as well, made irreverent comments, banged off a few shots and drank beer!...
    Sounds good to me, count me in!

I have family reasonably near Avebury and spent a good chunk of my childhood in that area, so it'd be really good to revisit!

Shooter
    127 Format
    yep - even if I end up just driving up for the Saturday. It's only 45mins drive from here, so I'll definatly make an appearance, though I might not be able to stay over.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey! I might be Sandwich that week. Can I join in on the fun? I'll try to stay a few more days and make my way over after business, instead of going to London like I usually do. Always interested in seeing all these big stones placed in large circles all over the place!

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I always feel that one should suffer for one’s art. It is therefore incumbent on me to study all forms of photography, even that discarded in hotel linen baskets.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I could well be at Inversnaid again starting a course on the 16th Oct otherwise I will make every effort to join the throng!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    There are a few camping sites in the area around Marlborough, but I've not stayed at any. I'll try and have a poke around and check them out if I'm in the area, which I probably will be in the next month.

Bob.
    Bump... and a bit of info about camping. One of the two sites near Marlborough closes at the end of Sept and the other has zero facilities: not even an on-site toilet (the site is mainly intended for caravans, which have their own). On a slightly better note, there is a very good site at Calne with full facilities, but Calne is about 8 miles west of Avebury and Marlborough is about the same distance east of Avebury...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In that case, assuming that Calne has a hotel ( with an interesting linen basket) in which to rest my old bones (in the hotel, not the linen basket) we could base ourselves there; could we not?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sounds good to me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ditto, given the provision of a bed for the night (or two).

A quick note though; my attendance is currently on-again-off-again, owing to a few issues in my life. At the moment I'm still planning on being there, but I'm afraid this may change at short notice...
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would appear (http://www.visitus.co.uk/list.aspx?r...D=8&town=CALNE) that around Calne you have the choice of a bedroom in a large country house, e.g. Heddington Manor , or Chilvester Hill House or next door to a pub: Marsh View Hotel) for about the same money give or take a tenner... Decisions, decisions...

Weather permitting, I'll be camping...

Bob.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin