Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,770   Online: 1079

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Marsh view hotel looks good (ie next door to a pub) I was going to say I'd be camping too, but then, I know I'll chicken out at the last minute, so why kid myself. It was really good to mostly all be staying in the same place last time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Marsh view hotel looks good (ie next door to a pub) I was going to say I'd be camping too, but then, I know I'll chicken out at the last minute, so why kid myself. It was really good to mostly all be staying in the same place last time.
    What are the linen baskets like?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Marsh View Hotel is fine by me. I need a nice comfy bed to fall out of!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    mind you, I just looked at the prices - a bit steep for me - Single room approx £50 per night without any breakfast (breakfast is at least and extra £6 - and thats just for a roll and coffee, £10 for full b'fast). I might have a further look later today to see what else I can find.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    this place http://www.theinnwiththewell.co.uk/index.htm definitely has potential. And the room price includes breakfast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A tenner+ cheaper, includes breakfast... ...and you get a duck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    this place http://www.theinnwiththewell.co.uk/index.htm definitely has potential. And the room price includes breakfast
    Yes, looks much better - they even do a camp bed for Bob, and you won't have to go outside in the rain to get to the Pub. No mention of linen baskets however which is worrying!

Keep checking them out, at this rate you may find one that will pay us to stay with them.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    A tenner+ cheaper, includes breakfast... ...and you get a duck!
    Single rooms prices are always a ripoff - that's one reason why I usually try to camp if I'm on my own for a short break - I hate being a victim of other people's avarice... Mind you, it's just about within commuting distance for me - just straight along the M4.

Then again, a duck? That's gotta be a better deal than an interesting linen basket...

Also, "The Well Dining Room - named after a hole in the floor covered by bullet proof glass ... " - What are they expecting to try and come up?

Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.

Also, "The Well Dining Room - named after a hole in the floor covered by bullet proof glass ... " - What are they expecting to try and come up?

Bob.

lol - I didnt see that bit! Perhaps it's the front element of a giant formatt camera lens that take 10 x 8 (km) negs of diners' backsides? Sounds very apt to me. I did a search for the red lion in Avebury itself, but came across a very unsavoury site dedicated to telling the world how bad the food and accommodation is there - so maybe it's worth avoiding that!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Never underestimate a duck...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin