Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,045   Online: 1083

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    ben - I've PM'd you my mobile number. give me a call on the friday evening and we'll organise a place to meet? I should be with the other guys at the pub by then so we can all agree somewhere hopefully.
    Thats great, thanks! I'm looking forward to exploring the area, it's somewhere I often thought of spending some time with my camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a quick bump with less than 2 weeks to go in case any UK APUGgers have managed to miss the thread so far...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ...and to save flicking back through the thread, here's another summary!

'The APUG Autumn 2005 UK Gathering is happening on the weekend of 15/16 October.

We're meeting up at "The Inn With The Well" (http://www.theinnwiththewell.co.uk/index.htm) in Ogbourne St George in Wiltshire on the Friday evening. Saturday is looking like a day of shooting in the locale (possibly including the stone circle at Avebury, sundry white horses and anything else that takes our fancy). On Sunday there's an optional visit to the Crown Monochrome Group's shindig in Trowbridge (speakers include John Blakemore and John Swannell, details here). The evenings will be (more than likely) spent in pursuit of beer, food and desultory gossip. And beer.

Anyone who likes the sound of this is more than welcome to join in for all or part of the weekend!'

To those who are going, is anyone bringing any prints along? Any thoughts on other shoot venues?
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Chaps .... I've just had a very long "discussion" with my manager, the outcome being that due to us being about 4 people short in a team of 9, I have to cover our out-of-hours on-call service from 1800 on the 14th - 0800 on the 18th. So I am utterly boogered for that weekend I'm afraid. I am extremely gutted, as I really enjoyed our last meet up. I was tempted to just go sick, but that wouldnt be very good seeing as I originally had the friday and monday booked off as holiday.

So I am really sorry - have a great time. I'll definitely be up for the next one ........ bl£$^y work!

And I was looking forward to the Blakemore talk so much too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh, smeg! That's a real shame, that is.

Mate, you truly have my sympathies.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "bl£$^y work" indeed!... Ask them if they'd like a couple of pints of your blood too while they are at it... Rubbish like that made me go self employed; making less money so far, but enjoying life much more!

Anyway, bloody shame - see you at the next one.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Rubbish like that made me go self employed; making less money so far, but enjoying life much more!
    trouble is there's not too much work around for self employed social workers

Next time for sure

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    trouble is there's not too much work around for self employed social workers

Next time for sure
    Yerrrrrs... I can see now that there might be some slight practical difficulties, now you mention it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    FrankB, since Leon’s pulled out (shame on you Leon) it looks like you have inherited the organisational hot seat. Since there may be a few folks who will not be attending the Friday gathering, but may like to join in the photographic side on Saturday, can we fix a meeting time/place for them? Can I suggest we meet with others in the Avebury Ring car park at the point where the footpath to the ring leaves the car park at say 9.30am on the Saturday morning– does that sound ok? If anyone else that we don’t know about intends coming, please pitch into this thread and let us know who to look out for.

To answer someone’s question, yes I do intend to bring a few recent prints with me on the Friday, and hope others will as well; you cannot have too many beer mats.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Mr. Les McLean's personal easel alignment rearranger
    Good to see your memory hasn't faded
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin